Arsenal's Rosicky back on pitch after 20 months

TF S4DK

Arsenal's Rosicky back on pitch after 20 months(AFP) – 2 hours agoPRAGUE — Arsenal's Czech midfielder Tomas Rosicky made his first competitive appearance after 20 months on the sidelines when he started Wednesday's World Cup qualifier against minnows San Marino.The 28-year-old, who has scored 19 goals in 68 games for the national team, has been out of action due to injury since January 2008 and has not played for Arsenal in the Premier League since then.Czech coach Ivan Hasek called up Rosicky to give a boost to a team that is struggling in fifth spot in Group Three, seven points behind leaders Slovakia."I am convinced he will be all right. It's been five weeks since his (last) muscle injury, so there's no risk," Hasek told reporters on Tuesday."I've also talked to (Arsenal) manager Arsene Wenger and it's possible that Tomas will play against Manchester City on Saturday," he added.Last Saturday, Rosicky watched from the stands as the Czechs drew 2-2 with neighbours Slovakia in Bratislava.The Czechs have to win their last three qualifiers -- at home to San Marino, Poland and Northern Ireland -- to stand any chance of qualifying for next summer's tournament in South Africa.Rosicky last played for the Czech team in November 2007, when his side beat Slovakia 3-1 in Prague on the way to Euro 2008.

Czech coach Ivan Hasek says he is pleased with Tomas Rosicky's return in the World Cup qualifier against San Marino.Rosicky made his first competitive appearance after 20 months on the sidelines against the Group Three minnows on Wednesday.The 28-year-old, who has been out of action since January 2008, has not played for Arsenal since becoming injured.According to Hasek, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger appealed to the Czech coach not to over exert Rosicky.Hasek happily accepted those terms and took him off the pitch before the hour mark after what he felt was a promising contribution towards an eventual 7-0 victory.Happy"I'm happy above all that Tomas could play, that he was ready for the game," he said."I had a deal with Wenger to keep Tomas on the pitch no longer than an hour."Looking ahead to the Czechs' upcoming qualifiers against Poland and Northern Ireland in October, Hasek added: "I believe (Rosicky) will be ready to play the whole 90 minutes by that time."

Guest Tulse Hill
On Tomas Rosicky's scoring return…"It's good to have him [Rosicky] back, but he's not completely fit yet to play in top-level competition. I think we need to be patient.
Makes me think the sub bench is him for a while.
Let us know when u get the nod

On Tomas Rosicky's scoring return…"It's good to have him [Rosicky] back, but he's not completely fit yet to play in top-level competition. I think we need to be patient.
Makes me think the sub bench is him for a while.
As long as it's not for longer than necessary I don't mind if it prevents them small injuries occuring like when eduardo returned.