Weekend Football Topic

HangTheDJ

Emmanuel Adebayor will be the centre of attention when Manchester City put their 100 per cent record on the line against Arsenal at Eastlands.The former Gunners striker has made an outstanding start to life with his new club following his £25million summer move, scoring in each of their opening three games to keep Mark Hughes' men among the early pace-setters.Arsene Wenger's side know only too well of the threat posed by the Togo international, while at the other end of the field they need to find a way past a yet-to-be-breached defence containing another ex-North London favourite, Kolo Toure.Tottenham are another club to have made a perfect opening to the new season - in stark contrast to their troubles last term - but Harry Redknapp's troops will face a major examination of their credentials as champions Manchester United travel to White Hart Lane.Title-hopefuls Liverpool have already come unstuck against Spurs and Sir Alex Ferguson knows the Red Devils can ill-afford to suffer the same fate having previously been hit by a shock defeat at the hands of new-boys Burnley.Early leaders Chelsea put their own spotless record on the line, with a testing trip to the Britannia Stadium to tackle Stoke City next on the agenda for Carlo Ancelotti's men.The Blues can match their best-ever Premier League run of 10 consecutive victories if they claim all three points against Tony Pulis' side, but the Potters have proved to be a tough nut to crack on home turf, although they were beaten 2-0 by the Stamford Bridge side last season.DiscontentLiverpool have already suffered as many defeats this term as they did in last season's failed title bid and, while it is foolish to the point of insanity to write them off after just four games, anything less than victory against Burnley will markedly increase the volume of the whispers of discontent around Anfield.Owen Coyle's Clarets have demonstrated they will not be stifled in the rarefied atmosphere of the Premier League, claiming memorable Turf Moor victories against Manchester United and Everton, but their two games on their travels have mustered no points and no goals.The Midlands derby between Birmingham City and Aston Villa at St Andrews takes centre stage on Sunday, with the fiercely-contested encounter being shown live on Sky Sports 1 and HD1.Villa are firmly in possession of the bragging rights over their bitter rivals, having won the last four meetings between the two clubs, including a 5-1 romp at Villa Park in April last year.Fulham welcome Everton to Craven Cottage in Sunday's second match to be screened live on Sky Sports 1 and HD1, with both clubs needing to kick-start their campaigns after slow starts.The Cottagers' only success to date came on the opening day at troubled Portsmouth, while Everton were beaten in both their first two fixtures before getting points on the board against Wigan last time out.StrugglersSorry Portsmouth have no points and just one goal to show from their opening four fixtures but have at least put their lengthy ownership saga to bed ahead of Saturday's visit of fellow early strugglers Bolton.Gary Megson's men are the only other side in the top-flight yet to get off the mark, although they gave Liverpool a fright by twice taking the lead at the Reebok Stadium in their last outing before slipping to a 3-2 defeat after the dismissal of Sean Davis.Blackburn Rovers, who have found goals hard to come by in their opening games following the summer departures of Roque Santa Cruz and Matt Derbyshire, welcome Wolves to Ewood Park eager to get a first victory under their belts.Mick McCarthy's visitors have made a decent fist of their return to the elite division, with a victory at Wigan and a home draw with Hull City offset by defeats at the hands of West Ham and Manchester City.Sunderland striker Darren Bent comes up against another of his summer suitors on Saturday with Hull City the visitors to the Stadium of Light.The former Spurs striker, who has bagged two goals in his opening four games, was one of a host of attacking talents targeted by Tigers boss Phil Brown, but the lure of Wearside proved to be preferable to East Yorkshire.New Wigan manager Roberto Martinez will be eager to see his charges break their home duck at the DW Stadium on Saturday with West Ham making the trip to Lancashire.The Latics, who are still to find the net after two games in front of their own fans, must improve on a recent home record against the Hammers which has seen them beaten in three of their last four meetings.

Saturday, 12 September 2009Blackburn v Wolverhampton, 15:00Liverpool v Burnley, 15:00Man City v Arsenal, 15:00Portsmouth v Bolton, 15:00Stoke v Chelsea, 15:00Sunderland v Hull, 15:00Tottenham v Man Utd, 17:30Wigan v West Ham, 15:00Sunday, 13 September 2009Birmingham v Aston Villa, 12:00Fulham v Everton, 16:15

Second City Derby :)Shame we're gonna lose :D

Saturday 12 September Tottenham v Manchester United, 5.30pm ESPNSunday 13th SeptemberBirmingham vs Aston Villa , 12:00 SS1Fulham vs Everton, 16:15 SS1Cardiff vs Newcastle 14:05 SS1Primera Division Saturday, September 12, 200917:00 - Getafe vs Barcelona 17:00 - Atlético Madrid vs Racing Santander 19:00 - Espanyol vs Real Madrid 21:00 - Sevilla FC vs Real ZaragozaSunday, September 13, 200916:00 - Villarreal vs Mallorca 16:00 - Sporting Gijon vs Almeria Estadio Municipal El Molinon16:00 - Deportivo La Coruña v Málaga Estadio Riazor16:00 - Tenerife vs Osasuna Estadio Heliodoro Rodriguez Lopez18:00 - Valladolid vs Valencia Estadio Nuevo José Zorrilla20:00 - Xerez vs Athletic BilbaoSerrie ASaturday, September 12, 200917:00 UK Livorno vs AC Milan 19:45 UK Lazio vs Juventus Sunday, September 13, 200914:00 - Internazionale vs Parma 14:00 - Atalanta vs Sampdoria 14:00 - Palermo vs Bari 14:00 - Bologna vs Chievo Verona 14:00 - Fiorentina vs Cagliari 14:00 - Siena vs AS Roma 14:00 - Udinese vs Catania 19:45 - Genoa vs NapoliPissed there is no spanish or Italian games on this weekend

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh JJ you c*nt lol, was just about to make this, had it all typed out n everything.Will be an all-manchester win over north london tomorrowshame really. Hopefully Arseanal can win but I know they won't.Adebayor to score. Berbatov to score.Saturday 12 September Tottenham v Manchester United, 5.30pm ESPNSunday 13th SeptemberBirmingham vs Aston Villa , 12:00 SS1Fulham vs Everton, 16:15 SS1Cardiff vs Newcastle 14:05 SS1Primera Division Saturday, September 12, 200917:00 - Getafe vs Barcelona 17:00 - Atlético Madrid vs Racing Santander 19:00 - Espanyol vs Real Madrid 21:00 - Sevilla FC vs Real ZaragozaSunday, September 13, 200916:00 - Villarreal vs Mallorca 16:00 - Sporting Gijon vs Almeria Estadio Municipal El Molinon16:00 - Deportivo La Coruña v Málaga Estadio Riazor16:00 - Tenerife vs Osasuna Estadio Heliodoro Rodriguez Lopez18:00 - Valladolid vs Valencia Estadio Nuevo José Zorrilla20:00 - Xerez vs Athletic BilbaoSerrie ASaturday, September 12, 200917:00 UK Livorno vs AC Milan 19:45 UK Lazio vs Juventus Sunday, September 13, 200914:00 - Internazionale vs Parma 14:00 - Atalanta vs Sampdoria 14:00 - Palermo vs Bari 14:00 - Bologna vs Chievo Verona 14:00 - Fiorentina vs Cagliari 14:00 - Siena vs AS Roma 14:00 - Udinese vs Catania 19:45 - Genoa vs NapoliPissed there is no spanish or Italian games on this weekend

NIGEL Reo-Coker has cranked up the importance of Villa’s derby with Blues by declaring that earning Second City bragging rights is “like winning the World Cup”.Reo-Coker twice tasted victory as Martin O’Neill’s men did the double over their fierce rivals during their last Premier League encounters the season before last.And the combative midfielder admits that the atmosphere in the St Andrew’s and Villa Park showdowns is so intense that players get through on pure adrenaline.The former West Ham battler revealed that the numerous derbies he experienced in the capital paled into insignificance compared to the Villa and Blues clashes.“It’s a different derby,” said Reo-Coker. “You play so many derbies in London, but this is the main one here with the passion of the fans.“You’ve only got to talk to a few Villa fans to understand how passionate they are about this game and how important this game is to them. This is like winning the World Cup.“I understand that and I was fortunate to play in the last two derbies. It was a great experience. You can’t really put it into words, the adrenaline goes throughout the 90 minutes.“It’s fantastic, the atmosphere overtakes the whole situation and you really get into the game and get through on pure adrenaline.”Reo-Coker revelled in Villa’s 2-1 victory at St Andrew’s in November 2007 and the 5-1 battering of Blues at Villa Park in April 2008 and is relishing renewing rivalries.
Lol, Nige>_Nutter. Better start Sunday.
article-0-02373284000004B0-426_468x286.jpgGabby Agbonlahor bagged a vital goal in the 5-1 demolition of Birmingham City at Villa Park last season - but the strike star believes the last-gasp 2-1 win at St Andrew's was a more memorable moment.Villa's fast forward headed home the away day winner in the 87th minute and he insists it's a moment he will never forget.He said: "It was a massive game for me personally because I had never played in a derby match before. The atmosphere was tremendous and to score the winner so late was a really terrific moment."It was great to go and celebrate with the fans too - you could see what it meant to them and hopefully they realised what it meant to the players."From a personal point of view, I'd probably pick the 2-1 at St Andrew's over the 5-1 at Villa Park. To score the winner in such a big game was unbelievable."I was so happy for my team-mates that I'd helped us to victory in the derby. To be honest, it was looking like being a draw for a while but we wouldn't have been happy with that because we wanted to win that match. So it was great at the end."
Martin O'Neill is relishing the derby cauldron this weekend after admitting his first two experiences in the Second City fixture were "intense."O'Neill also said there was little point trying to claim a derby is just another game because the feelings of joy in victory are there to savour and the feelings of despondency in defeat last far longer than normal.He said: "I remember those derbies two seasons ago like they were yesterday."What an incredible 60 seconds in the first at St. Andrew's. Gabby cleared the ball off the line and then scored the winner for us at the other end. He was a real hero that day and that minute of action just about encapsulates everything you need to know about a derby."I just relish the intensity. It lived up to everything I expected the last time around."In the second game at Villa Park, we played particularly well on the day, scored some goals and it was just a brilliant performance. If that's anything to go by, it should keep our spirits high."But it's a different game at St Andrew's and time has moved on since that fantastic day. It's a new day."The atmosphere at both games was pretty intense. I should imagine it will be the same again this weekend."No matter what people say, they [derbies] are definitely different games. There's a different atmosphere, tempo, everything really."If you win them it's great, if you lose you are despondent for much, much longer than normal. I just think that's the nature of it."

Guest Tulse Hill

I seriously can't believe City-Arsenal is as 3pm kick off, this season is a phucking fail television wise.....what other game did we miss?oh yeah millwall v westham ffs

Pissed there is no spanish or Italian games on this weekend
what are these words ?Saturday 12th September12:15 Motherwell v Rangers Scottish Premier League Sky Sports 3 19:00 Espanyol v Real Madrid La Liga Sky Sports Xtra 19:45 Lazio v Juventus Serie A ESPN21:00 Sevilla v Zaragoza La Liga Sky Sports Xtra Sunday 13th September03:30 LA Galaxy v FC Dallas MLS ESPN11:00 Dinamo Moscow v Spartak Moscow Russian Premier League ESPN14:00 Inter Milan v Parma Serie A ESPN16:30 FC Koln v Schalke 04 Bundesliga ESPN 18:00 Valladolid v Valencia La Liga Sky Sports 119:45 Genoa v Napoli Serie A ESPN :D

Good write up here (except for the line up bit at the botttom) -

From the European Cup down, Aston Villa have silverware aplenty, while Birmingham once won the Leyland DAF Trophy. But tomorrow all will be equal in the Brum derby, writes Phil Shaw Behind the scenes, away from the blood and thunder and thud and blunder of tomorrow's "Second City" derby, the trophy cabinets at St Andrew's and Villa Park emphasise the gulf in history that separates Birmingham City from Aston Villa.Birmingham's collection includes the Leyland Daf Trophy, a brass model of Romulus and Remus from a distant Fairs Cup tie with Roma and an inscribed glass ball to mark the opening of a stand in 1994. It came from Villa, who sent a team over to play lower-league neighbours who were no longer serious rivals. Even when Birmingham won the League Cup in 1963, defeating Villa in the final, the competition was not the major national honour it is now because several top clubs had opted out. The next day's Birmingham Post deemed Warwickshire cricket more worthy of its back-page lead.Villa, in gleaming contrast, can point to full-sized replicas of the European Cup, League championship trophy and FA Cup. Their supporters, drawn from a fan-base that stretches throughout the Midlands, in contrast with Birmingham's more localised following, can also bask in the glory of a 5-1 rout of their rivals when they last met 16 months ago.The disparity in silverware is not likely to be bridged in the foreseeable future, but the local bragging rights are up for grabs again after a one-season hiatus. Alex McLeish, the Birmingham manager, and Martin O'Neill, his Villa counterpart, faced one another in far more volatile situations when they had charge of Rangers and Celtic respectively, but for the region where they now ply their trade, this is as big as it gets.Birmingham, having slummed in the old Third Division with crowds of 6,000, rejoined Villa in the top flight in 2002 after being rebuilt by David Sullivan, David Gold and Karren Brady. The novelty of the fixture, compared with the derbies in Manchester, Liverpool or Glasgow, ensured intense media scrutiny, which grew fiercer still when the emotions of the opposing fans, pent up for two decades, spilled over into open hostility on the pitch.A Birmingham supporter ran on and slapped Peter Enckelman, who had just conceded a calamitous goal; Villa's Dion Dublin was sent off for "nutting" Robbie Savage, soon followed by colleague Joey Gudjonsson; Olof Mellberg received a torrid time from Birmingham fans and players after saying he disliked their club and would never want to play for them; and David O'Leary antagonised the St Andrew's crowd by coming on to the pitch and appearing to gloat after a Villa victory (he claimed he was waving to chairman Doug Ellis).The build-up to the 11th Premier League derby – both sides having won four, with two draws, although Villa have prevailed in the last four – has been relatively subdued. Lee Carsley, who is likely to captain Birmingham, suggested that was because of the distraction of the World Cup qualifiers and the absence of so many players with their countries.The internet message boards have reflected this calm-before-the-storm atmosphere. Many postings eschew parochial invective to concentrate on the issue of whether McLeish will seek to match O'Neill's anticipated 4-5-1 formation, and to speculate on whether Richard Dunne might attract the red card on his Villa debut that would make him the most sent-off player in Premier League history.Dunne is likely to be partnered by another new centre-back, James Collins, with O'Neill hoping they can "make themselves instant heroes". McLeish, whose spending has been considerably more frugal, may thrust Ecuador's Christian Benitez in against them for his first start, a South American desperate to settle a little local difficulty in the West Midlands.

hes 5 ft 4 hes 5 ft 4 we got arshavin f*ck adebayor that one?or something like that beg Ade gets a hat trick

Manchester City's Emmanuel Adebayor lifts the lid on his feud with Nicklas BendtnerIt all kicked off over Nicklas Bendtner's sneakers, apparently. The friction worsened with a dressing-room debate about respect at Arsenal, turned nasty with a very public scrap between Bendtner and Emmanuel Adebayor and culminated in the Togo striker being sold to Manchester City. From little sparks, a pair of trainers in thicase, do infernos grow.Adebayor has been one of the stars of this nascent Premier League season, a joy to watch as he glides around, linking and scoring for City. Bendtner has also impressed for a revitalised, united Arsenal. As they collide at Eastlands on Saturday, this strange, sad and rather toxic story needs telling.Adebayor has moved on physically but clearly not mentally, judging by the time he spent explaining his spectacular falling-out with Arsenal, starting with the shoes. "I have never been a bad influence in the dressing room,’’ Adebayor began. "I had a little difficult moment with Nicklas Bendtner. "There was a rule at Arsenal where no one is allowed to come into the dressing room with trainers or house shoes on. I cannot understand why Nicklas came every day with his shoes on.’’So he cornered the cocky young Dane. "Nicklas, you are a footballer, I am a footballer,’’ Adebayor told him. "Maybe I am better than you, maybe you are better than me but you have to respect everyone. There are rules saying you cannot come into the dressing-room with your house shoes. Take them off.’’According to Adebayor, Bendtner "never took them off and things started from there. I cannot accept that. Even if that happened tomorrow at City, I would fight with somebody.’’Arsenal’s manager, Arsene Wenger, told Adebayor to calm down. "The Boss jumped on me. 'Why me?’ I said. 'Nicklas is 20, he has to do the things that [William] Gallas, Robin Van Persie and Cesc Fabregas are doing.’"Nicklas had a very easy route [into football]. He had the chance to be in the Arsenal Academy, the chance to be an international for Denmark. Football doesn’t stop there. You are young, you have to learn. No matter what quality you have, you have to listen to people, let people help you to be good."I was not born with a golden spoon in my mouth. I left Africa at 15, came to Europe [with Metz] and it was very difficult but I knew if I listened I would be better. That’s what pushed me to where I am today."People in my country love me. I represent my country very well. My family are very proud of me. But I can do more. That’s why I am always fighting to improve and be one of the best strikers in the world. I am fighting in games to see how many goals I can score, how many passes I can make, how many tackles, how many times I am coming back to help my team-mates."If [Cristiano] Ronaldo had gone to Manchester United and thought 'I’m good’ he would not have become the best player in the world. He worked with the United players, who helped make him big. Nicklas just thinks he can make himself big.’’On Jan 22, 2008, the pair’s feud turned physical during a League Cup tie against Spurs, Bendtner ending with a cut forehead."Nicklas showed me the finger,’’ explained Adebayor. "I am very sorry. You cannot show a partner the finger.’’ Inevitably, question marks were raised about Adebayor’s future. He could have left that summer. "I had a chance to go to Barcelona and Milan and the money [salary] was two times bigger than Arsenal. I decided to stay.’’But the fans turned against him, their ire building after a series of uncommitted displays. "Arsenal forced me out. Arsene told me: 'You have to leave because financially we are very bad.’ That makes it more painful. Arsene knows I didn’t leave for money. Enjoying my football is more important to me than money."When I realised Arsenal don’t want me anymore, I told the people City sent to watch me that I want a good conversation with Mark Hughes. He has a great mentality. He told me his ambition, how he wants to build up his team. I thought: 'OK, why not be part of this club? I’ll take a risk.’ It’s worked out. The club is happy having me here. I am happy being here. We are one."What is good at City is that the fans are truly fans. They love you. Arsenal have a lot of fans who are not fans. Arsenal have fans from America and Jamaica. Today they are Arsenal fans, tomorrow they will be Liverpool fans and after tomorrow they will be Manchester United fans.'If you boo your player every weekend, I am very sorry, you are not true fans. I can understand the frustration if you think the player wants to leave but I said on TV, newspaper and radio I wanted to stay.’’Nothing could staunch the derision. "That hurt me a lot. That was the most difficult moment in my career. I did everything for that club. When I first signed at Arsenal they didn’t put even one pound on my salary at Monaco. I told them: 'I will show you how good I am and afterwards we can discuss a contract.’"So to have a fight at the end is not right. That gives me motivation every single day. I now have a chance to face the Arsenal fans. I have to fight for City to take victory. My determination is very high. I have the mentality of a winner. Here I have the confidence I lost last season.’’He has dovetailed well with a range of strikers. "With Craig [bellamy], I know 100 per cent he will go behind the defence. One v one, Robinho will dribble. I know most of the time Carlos [Tevez] will come for the ball. But we don’t care how we win - technically, tactically or physically. What we are fighting for is the three points. I will be very pleased to win the title but it takes a lot of time."There is a toughness here. They are my friends and my brothers. Kolo [Toure] says: 'We have to fight. Saturday’s game will not be easy.’ Shay Given does the same. We have a lot of personality in the dressing room – Carlos, myself.’’Before returning to training, Adebayor wants to stress his overall "respect’’ for Arsenal, particularly people like Wenger - "he knows I always love him as a manager’’ - and certain players."Alex Song and Emmanuel Eboue are not friends - they are brothers. We did everything together. But I am a City player and they are not friends of this club. I want to be in the Champions League next season. So do they."So between 3pm and 5, we are not brothers. If I have to score two goals, I will. If I have to make a pass that wins us the game, I will. After the game we will be brothers.’’Bendtner? Unlikely. The sneakers controversy lives on.
What a c*nt.Well on his way to overtaking Cashley as our most hated ex player imo.