THE SMARTPHONE THREAD

Lenny

On 1/23/2017 at 7:01 PM, zoot said:

I'm looking to buy the One plus 3T. I like the fact it can hold 2 nano sims

Also a good deal on virgin atm 16b 4g data + 5000mins + unltd texts for 15 a month

make that 20 gigs now until 31st Jan

http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/sim-only/pay-monthly-sim.html

On 12/25/2016 at 11:03 AM, Seth Rollins said:

Not gonna bore you all with the details but Insurance claim on a Galaxy Note 4 they're telling me they discontinued that phone so I can only get a like for like replacement. Phones on offer:

Samsung Edge 6 or iPhone 6 Plus.

Upgrade is due in 1 month anyway. I use my phone to stream films, football (Mobdro and Kodi) and on my Samsung I have AZ Screen Recorder (TTKK). :ph34r:

What one should I take?

Got pissed off having to decide one of these 2 year old phones and lodged a complaint which they never took serious so contacted the Financial Ombudsman who got involved.

They've now sent me a Samsung S7 Edge and paid my excess fee too. Contract is up in 3 weeks too. What to do... What to do... :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

i copped this

http://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_zuk_z2_pro-8038.php

128gb hdd, 6gb ram. was about 240... i hope to fuck its easy to root, i never rate the custom launchers all these chinese companies have.

i had a oneplus for a few years and it was by far the best phone ive had, i cant go back to apple/samsung phones. battery life is trash

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/04/2017 at 1:19 PM, macz said:

best place for cracked iphone 7 screen? without asking for stupid money

my banks phone insurance covers accidental damage at £75 excess, is this the best I'd get?

what bank?

Nationwide is £25 and £50 for iphones i think. had my screen repaired twice in 2015 with them 

15 minutes ago, QPR Dee said:

what bank?

Nationwide is £25 and £50 for iphones i think. had my screen repaired twice in 2015 with them 

Yeah that's similar to Halifax.

I don't think he will get anyone fixing it for less than £75 on the high street. The screen alone is around that price.

34 minutes ago, Afroman said:

Yeah that's similar to Halifax.

I don't think he will get anyone fixing it for less than £75 on the high street. The screen alone is around that price.

natwest, I went with them in the end, should be picking up today, giving me a whole new phone, albeit being a refurb with a 12 mth warranty (iphone 7), so not too sad

5 hours ago, Tee said:

Upgrade is due 

What's a good phone to grab  

Ain't really been up to date with phones last few yrs 

And the pm prices been looking a madness 

Samsung Galaxy S8 just out looks lovely.

LG G6 also looks pretty good.

• Upvote 1