THE SMARTPHONE THREAD

Lenny

8 hours ago, Greens said:

How much?

Need a back up phone, my Nexus 6p has started bugging out randomly, wanna see what the next pixel is like before getting a new main though. 

Did you update to 7.1.2? Read that it was fucking up some peoples phones and my has been cool so didn't update.

Think so but it's been playing up for a while, quite a few times a week when I've got anywhere between 10-30% battery it will come up with a dead battery warning and shut down. Only way to get it back on is to plug a charger in and it reboots with back with decent battery life. Add to that it crashes back to the home screen at least once a day too, started getting annoying. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/04/2017 at 11:33 PM, Seydou said:

Black Xiaomi mi5,  £200 for competing with s7

Any of you had issues with a Xiaomi product?

If you do opt for it

You need to check what Network your on and check the bands, it may be incompatible with some/wont get your best signal and 4G.

• 1 month later...

Need a new phone. 

My s6 battery is a joke ting right now. 

Open to any brand really, Xiamo, Vivo Huawei, pixel.. Dual SIM is an attractive option 

I am considering giving android  a rest too. maybe use an iPhone (6s Plus) and see how I get on with it.

10 minutes ago, meridian said:

S8/S8+ you'll regret going back to iOS

S8 is out of my budget (300-350). I am buying straight cash no contract

I considered the S7 edge. Has the battery life improved on the s7/s8 though?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Afroman said:

Anyone know how to migrate what's app chat from android to iOS ?

:|

Backuptrans WhatsApp

Have to pay though...eventually found a cracked version few months back but when I tried it, it backed up all my chats on my computer but for some reason my iPhone didnt wanna play well. Ended up cutting my loses and starting fresh,

Worth a shot though, seemed to have worked for a few people

4 hours ago, Restrictive said:

Backuptrans WhatsApp

Have to pay though...eventually found a cracked version few months back but when I tried it, it backed up all my chats on my computer but for some reason my iPhone didnt wanna play well. Ended up cutting my loses and starting fresh,

Worth a shot though, seemed to have worked for a few people

Yea I tried the trial version, but it isn't even recognising my android phone.

When you say cut your losses, did you start the from from start and use that "move to IOS "app? Apperently that works as well. Or did you just start your WhatsApp afresh

49 minutes ago, Afroman said:

Yea I tried the trial version, but it isn't even recognising my android phone.

When you say cut your losses, did you start the from from start and use that "move to IOS "app? Apperently that works as well. Or did you just start your WhatsApp afresh

Recognised my android but not my iPhone for some reason kmt

And whatsapp afresh, was just reading old chats on my old phone wish I got them across

move to iOS will copy across your text etc but not whatsapp sadly, I did use that to transfer other stuff neat app

Backuptrans seems literally like the only app and if it's not recognising your phone then your stuck - have you got a different computer you could try?

50 minutes ago, Kuffir said:

whats the difference between this and s7 tech heads

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7821&idPhone2=8435

S series is samsungs flagship so thing like 2k screen, water proof , 4k video support etc. 2k recording 

C7 pro - 2 x16mb cams front and back, Dual sim, Bigger battery  1080p recording

• Upvote 1