Bandwidth usage?

Dubby

Okay.. so my uni is boying off da ting, making me pay £4k+ for accommodation and at the same time saying I have to pay extra for internet :/Anyway, there's 2 packages, both with different allowancesResNet Standard: 11 GB/week peak32 GB/week off-peak £65 ResNet Max: 22 GB/week peak50 GB/week off-peak £82The on-peak period is currently from 6pm to midnight (6 hours) each day and the off-peak period is from midnight to 6pm (18 hours)Now...does anyone know how much they usually use playing Xbox online alongside a fair amount of internet browsing and a bit of music downloading? I just need to know whether it makes sense to go with one or the other. I know it's only like £20 difference but I don't wanna be giving these guys more than they're due.

360 uses 50-60Kbps downstream, with the odd burst to 100-150Kbps. So let's round that to 75kbps. Say you played your 360 for 6 hours a day, 7 days a week, for a month you'll use just over 5GB's of bandwidth. So yeah the usage isn't really a problem for you 360 wise.The cheaper option will be more than enough for you as long as you're not some heavy downloader. Bare in mind it's per week and not per month so you're bless. f*ck*ng par that you have to pay for internet, I've never heard of that before in student accommodation. It better be a fast connection, my boys at LJMU and he's on a 512MB connection, didn't even know those still existed.