David Silva: 'I want to play for United'

Guest R9

Valencia and Spain star David Silva has given fresh momentum to reports linking him with a transfer to Manchester United by claiming that a move to England would be "hard to resist".David Silvadavidsilva20090917celebrate_275x155.jpgGettyImagesSilva was a key member of the Spain side that won Euro 2008.Silva, 23, was reported to be a target for both United and Liverpool over the summer but surprisingly stayed at Valencia, along with David Villa, despite the Spanish club's crippling financial problems.The winger has started the new season in impressive form, scoring the opening goal in Valencia's 4-2 win over Valladolid on September 13, and it is believed that Sir Alex Ferguson remains an admirer of the Euro 2008 winner.While Silva is committed to Valencia at present, he has hinted that the chance to move to Old Trafford would hold a strong appeal in the future."It's an honour for any player that a club of the prestige of Manchester United should follow them and that in itself is enormous praise," Silva said in the Daily Mirror."I am committed to Valencia and my dream is to win the title but in the future anything is possible. Valencia have rejected offers for me in the past few months and I am happy here. But I also know that the Premier League is a big competition and hard to resist."

yeah rightwhy would he want to go to united of all teamshonest question
:/You know he is not talking about Newcastle united, right? Not many footballers with ambition wouldn't want to play for the biggest team in the world and the perks that that brings.If he goes to barca where is he going to play?Infront of Henry? No.Infront of Messi? No.Infrotn of ibra? No.Xavi? No.Iniesta? No.

we should swap rooneyvalenciananiparkfor villasilvamatapablo

i wasnt talking man for manthat frontline is toooooo f*ckedshame about there midfield and defenceimagine that front line with our midfield and defence

• 1 month later...
vs_2314352.jpgValencia have conceded they may have to sell key duo David Villa and David Silva amid talk Manchester United are ready to reignite interest in the pair.The Spanish outfit have long-since been troubled financially but managed to fend off numerous suitors in the summer.Real Madrid and Barcelona are known to be monitoring the situation closely, while in England the likes of United and Liverpool are thought to have registered tentative interest in the past.Rafa Benitez has always been a fan of SilvaPosted Image but the financial straightjacket he works in at Anfield is likely to prohibit any deal.Over at Old Trafford his counterpart Sir Alex FergusonPosted Image is not hamstrung in the same way, with the £80million sale of Cristiano Ronaldo meaning there is still a sizeable budget to play with.While in the past Ferguson has stated he is content with the options already available to him, there have been murmurs he may open the chequebook in the January transfer window.VillaPosted Image has previously indicated he would prefer to stay in Spain were he ever to leave Valencia, while talented schemer Silva admitted in September that he had been the subject of a big bid from England in the summer.Whether United, or indeed Liverpool, will make an offer in January is open to conjecture but it would seem Valencia are ready to discuss a possible sale.Valencia sporting director Fernando GomezPosted Image told Las Provoncias TV: "If there was a moment that arrived that we cannot stand it any more, then of course we must sell and they [Villa & Silva] would be sold."We made a great effort in the summer to keep them, but if the economic situation continues, then things could become very serious."Still it was a success for us to keep them, because there was some large money offered to us."Gomez stopped short though of saying a fresh offer had already been submitted, as he added: "We have not received an official offer for either Villa or Silva. I only know what has been said in the papers."
Reportedly they want 50m for two playersit could be Matta & Silva, more likely Villa + Silva though

• 2 years later...