How well will he weather the storm?

MetaFives

Bendtner wants his position

I think it is a short-term decision,' Bendtner said. 'I have spoken to the manager obviously, and he explained why he's playing me there at the moment.'He knows as well though that my position is to play up front as a striker. That's where I prefer personally, but if I have to do a job for the team and play on the right or the left sometimes then I'm happy to do that as well.'Bendtner, whose goal against Liege sparked Arsenal's comeback from two goalsdown, added: 'I like to think that the reason I scored against Standard Liege has something to do with the fact I played more centrally.'Obviously you are closer to the goal and because of my pace I can make thoseruns. You can use that more up front than you can on the right.'

Arsène Wenger has been impressed with Nicklas Bendtner's performances this season but says the striker must continue to improve his game. The Dane has played a part in all six of Arsenal's Premier League games so far this term and scored the goal that set off Arsenal's comeback in the Champions League match against Standard Liege.The striker has now made over 100 appearances for Arsenal, progressing his game season-on-season to the delight of manager Wenger."Since the beginning of the season I'm very happy with him," said the Frenchman. "So far he has played in many games, performed and improved."He is a player who will improve every year. Nicklas is a good size and is a very pacy player considering his size. He has an intelligent game with good vision."However, Wenger highlighted two key areas where he wants to see Bendtner develop his game. "He needs to improve his movement and his finishing," said Wenger. "And he will do that."

• 2 weeks later...
Goals soon come don't worry.
Scored ..
Why are you replying to this every week, like say you weren't blaming the system too?
What?I thought it was clear why I am quoting it but I'll highlight it in red for you.Blaming the system? I said RVP plays best with a strike partner and that being the main focus of a front 3 isn't getting the best out of him.He said similar things in an interview too.Then after saying all that, I STILL BACKED HIM TO SCORE GOALS when some people who credited the system didn't..And if anything, he hasn't played that well since scoring goals so yeah my point still holds weight about the system not being best for him ATM..Crystal?Lol @ tryna take me for Mike Kane in the Love and Life/Whatever room or suttin. Nutcase..

Robin van Persie admits he is unlikely to ever become a 'real killer' in front of goal, like Didier Drogba and Fernando Torres.The Arsenal striker has been in electrifying form this season after being reverted to a central role by Arsene Wenger.Free from the shackles of the past, the Dutchman has led the Gunners line in style, notching seven Premier League goals and laying on just as many for his team-mates.The 26-year-old is finally getting the recognition he deserves, with favourable comparisons drawn to his fellow countryman, and former Arsenal star, Dennis Bergkamp.Van Persie is delighted with the way his 2009/10 campaign has gone so far, but he accepts that he will never be regarded as a fearsome frontman in the same mould as some of his Premier League rivals."I don't see myself as a true out-and-out striker. Guys likes Fernando Torres and Didier Drogba, they are real killers," Van Persie told Dutch magazine Voetbal International.Combination"I try to bring my own dimension to the forward position."I feel I play between a target striker and a shadow striker. I am a combination of both and that's just fine."In the league I have now contributed seven assists and I am just as proud of these as the seven goals I have scored."I find it crucial to be effective in both spheres for the team."Van Persie added: "The coach (Wenger) is particularly keen that I add something to the tactical play of the team, both offensively and creatively, that I use and combine with the players around me."It is my main intention to help others play. I am also free to make myself more dangerous. It took a while before I had found the balance."