Restaurant Etiquette: How many of you follow it to a tee?

General Mac

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lisa Turtle

Boy. From when I know people that have worked in hospitality and the stories they have told me, I will always be polite to staff.Remember that its your food they're about to plate up, they will do some foul things to it if they can get away with it.

Much of this stuff really is antiquated and unnecessary, even in uppity posh or haute cuisine joints it's not really observed. You won't get treated any different for folding a napkin improperlyJust be polite & respectful, nobody will begrudge your obliviousness to anachronistic customs, or for using the wrong fork with your salad

Guest Esquilax
Much of this stuff really is antiquated and unnecessary, even in uppity posh or haute cuisine joints it's not really observed. You won't get treated any different for folding a napkin improperlyJust be polite & respectful, nobody will begrudge your obliviousness to anachronistic customs, or for using the wrong fork with your salad
Nah on a level doe if i see someone using their soup spoon for dessert I will switch.

Nah on a level doe if i see someone using their soup spoon for dessert I will switch.
tbh my mums bang on this cutlery sh*t'bring me a table sppon'*brings a dessert spoon*'thats a dessserrrt spooon, bring me a table spoon'always speaks as if we should already know these things

i follow everything except the standing when a woman returns, and the thing about the left hand always being placed on yur lap when yur nt using itmost expensive restaurant i have been to was some sea food place in westmeal cost me £90 and i still went mc donalds afterwards

tbh my mums bang on this cutlery sh*t'bring me a table sppon'*brings a dessert spoon*'thats a dessserrrt spooon, bring me a table spoon'always speaks as if we should already know these things
:lol:

i follow everything except the standing when a woman returns, and the thing about the left hand always being placed on yur lap when yur nt using itmost expensive restaurant i have been to was some sea food place in westmeal cost me £90 and i still went mc donalds afterwards
Best Seafood...Loch Fyne.
nt even interested this place put me off sea food permanentlyplace was called "live bait" by the way

nt even interested this place put me off sea food permanentlyplace was called "live bait" by the way
Did you choose your live meal from a tank?

live bait>>>>>>had the sickest fish with some white sauceBANGINGpaid like £40 but it was worth it

Did you choose your live meal from a tank?
no, from a regular menubut everything was served on a bucket of ice, was terrible

lolwhat made you go to that particular one?were u going to the globe or just passed by and thought lets go there?
its a thing me and the mrs like to do together (going to restaurants that is), and i've always wanted to hit up a propa seafood place, and she found that onegrilled sea food>>>>>>>> raw/cold seafood

lolwhat made you go to that particular one?were u going to the globe or just passed by and thought lets go there?
its a thing me and the mrs like to do together (going to restaurants that is), and i've always wanted to hit up a propa seafood place, and she found that onegrilled sea food>>>>>>>> raw/cold seafood
Raw seafood?, That not then classified as Sushi?When you find a really nice seafood restuarant with Chefs who know how to cook and prepare it, its fantastic.

just got back from a good italian restaurantfriends used vouchers still. thats not a bad thing in itselfbut why be so f*ck*ng tight and not even have proper drinks.had to cop 2 bottles of wine, and convince them to have dessertthen they were trying not to leave a tip either and the waiter was very good*no longer goes to good restaurants with predominantly black friends* for them its gonna jus be nandos and the local chinese