RAPPERS RENAMING THEIR ALBUMS AFTER ONE OF THEIR PREVIOUS ALBUMS IS SHIT

General Mac

THE LIST Chronic 2001 - Dr dreproblem with this is, the original chronic came out and it was a near perfect album. it changed the game forever and shaped the future of the genre. again chronic 2001 done exactly the same thing. a ground breaking near perfect release imo.J.O.S.E - Fat Joetrusay fat joe is some any guy so i shall ignoreTICAL 2000 - Method Manu have a point here. it didnt make much sense to me. hes had some serious changes over the yearsBP2,BP3 - Jay-Zeach time he releases one he thinks hes setting standards. he catted KRS Ones idea and hats off to him people think hes a legend even tho hes not tbh. its what he THINKS is a blueprint. such a huge EGOOOOOOSORE - NoreNMSOB4CL II - Raekwonaint bumped this niggas sh*t in years so i duno STILLMACTIC - Nas (This was a 10/10 album though)similar to the dre thing, both groundbreaking, this less but stillVenni Vetti Vecci 2010 NEW JA RULEf*ck ja. little bitchpost the ones i left off

Took me a whilr to get the titleHe is merely saying When rappers name an album / give the same name to a new album that the old one had, its sh*tI.e. Chronic, Chronic 2001 (as dubby said, it wasn't actually called chronic 2001 officially, just '2001'.Peopel egenrally do it because A) The original album is very successful/welll liked, so they rename the new one that in an attempt to gain a buzz simply through association that the new one will be sick because of this (check the blueprint 3 thread :/ )B.) Because they are starved for any creativity so just stick with what they knowC.) Because they have unused material/ideas/concepts left over from the original album that werent included for some reason or other (not all albums are just a straight 12 or 14 tracks - many have a theme or specific feel to them, a similarly titled album can indicate a similarly titled theme..)Also Really Illmatic and Stillmatic aren't the same thing, I think what he did was quite clever..I prefer things like that anyway over corny names like 'Loso's Way' :/