Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Captain Planet

Who do you think you are?

22 posts in this topic

Saw one of those adverts about ancestry.com or something, and saw the pic of slaves being the black representation :lol: .Obviously that is the best they can do with the kind of names they are dealing with.But yeah, use this thread to post information on your ancestors/learn about your ancestors.I'll start with mine...

Ewe

drumenswtmk.jpg An Ewe drum ensemble at the funeral of Togbe Afede Asor II in Ho, Ghana Photo by Kathie Zaccaria Copyright 2002

Today the Ewe people are located on the southeast corner of Ghana, east of the Volta River in an area now described as the Volta Region. Ancient Ghana was located in what is today known as Mali and Mauritania. The Ewe are thought to have migrated south from Egypt to their present area around the 13th century. They are divided geographically between Ghana and its eastern neighbor, Togo. This area was colonized by the Germans and was originally called Togoland . After the German defeat in World War I, the Ewe homeland was split between France and England. Most Ewe can trace male ancestors to their original villages and make their territorial divisions along those lines. Extended families are the most important units of Ewe social life. Ewe have never supported a hierarchical concentration of power within a large state. Mawu is the Ewe Supreme Being and is remote from daily affairs. Se is a word for law, order and harmony; Se is the maker and keeper of human souls; Se is destiny.

The Ewe have a reputation for great drumming. Ewe believe that if someone is a good drummer it is because they inherited a spirit of an ancestor who was a good drummer. It is their destiny to drum. Music and dance are a force in cementing social feeling among members of an Agbekor society.

My mum was telling me about us when she came back from Ghana, we have a wealth of old preserved books in the Volta region, our written style closely resembles the hieroglyphs used in Egypt but meh.

We also are famed for making Kente clothEwe_kente_stripes,_Ghana.jpgAn we are amongst the innovators of voodoo (vodun) :lol:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_African_Vodun

in before all princes, seperated cousins and heirs to the throne.

there is a black history thread in the love and life roomthis is boring

LOLyou have history toooooits just not very nice history

get a life

ewe?? LOL*Facepalm*im half and hate that side. flipping weirdos

get a life
you came here all angry and jealous and sh*t

Send me a pm if you want this locked matecheers

Send me a pm if you want this locked matecheers
parsnip.jpg

My thread in l&l room>>>>>>>>This.Sorry captain planet.
the saddest thing is that when you tell somebody that your thread is better than them you see it as a pari used to rob bareface from your workplace stil

Adam-nEve.jpg
They were not white, typical brainwashing.
Your mates are f*ck*ng nutters

i said a whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooodooo youu think you are? 'do you think you arrre?I said a whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooSome kind of superstaaar