Sarah Kruzan: Sentenced to Life Without Parole at Age 16

Taurus

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Juvenilles on death row too, She is not the first, nor will she be the last any time soon. Infact theres innocent Juvenilles out there on death row, there the ones i feel for.
innocent? which ones?
There are SOME innocent people on Deathrow.. Actually! Police in america are pretty currupt. I feel sorry for that womans situation, but theres other ways of getting away from that life. You can have Jane Doe inflicting law punishments on mr Doe.Skola - Uk are too free about punishments on murder, regardless of circumstances, we have 13 yr olds who get a new life once doing there sentance. Thats not justice, but america is OTT. We need a better balance.
I swear every time I actually decide to read your posts you say something stupid.How can you talk like you were in that situation.Then again...

Juvenilles on death row too, She is not the first, nor will she be the last any time soon. Infact theres innocent Juvenilles out there on death row, there the ones i feel for.
innocent? which ones?
There are SOME innocent people on Deathrow.. Actually! Police in america are pretty currupt. I feel sorry for that womans situation, but theres other ways of getting away from that life. You can have Jane Doe inflicting law punishments on mr Doe.Skola - Uk are too free about punishments on murder, regardless of circumstances, we have 13 yr olds who get a new life once doing there sentance. Thats not justice, but america is OTT. We need a better balance.
Which ones? Like she is supposed to know the names of every innocent person on deathrow. There are tons of innocents on deathrow, even if there aren't the death penalty is wrong and backwards. I honestly don't see anyway of her getting out of that situation without her being killed, if she reported it to the police she would have been killed if they didn't react quickly enough.

innocent? which ones?
pretty much a throw away statement. big generalisations, nothing supporting what i originally questioned.

innocent? which ones?
Which ones? Like she is supposed to know the names of every innocent person on deathrow. There are tons of innocents on deathrow, even if there aren't the death penalty is wrong and backwards. I honestly don't see anyway of her getting out of that situation without her being killed, if she reported it to the police she would have been killed if they didn't react quickly enough.
reason i'm questioning is because the statement was made as if we knew better watching from a whole different continent that someone was innocent or not; better than a judge, a jury if they are involved and hard evidence. it's not cool to make assumptions without any backup material and think that we "just know" how things are, because that's what we believe.and there is a protection system in the US for people in situations like this, i forget the name, i'm sorry, and even with this system, these were not her only 3 options.

There have been multiple cases of people on death row being exonerated afterwards, which proves why death as a punishment is an inept system.
yeah f*ck death row, dont agree with it for the same reasons i don't agree with criminal killingsI'm not trying to say i'm right and that's the end of it, or that i know it all. Just that it's very ignorant to get a small flash shot of the case and decide we know whats best in the space of a minute

Flex, to a certain degree I agree with where you are coming from, however in this situation, I don't believe your do the crime do teh time mantra fully applies here.This isn't a roadman that shot some next guyg because he was disrespected. This is a young girl that was raped at 13, and made to work the streets selling her body. This man mentally manipulated a young girl into a place where he had been placed in her mind as an authority figure, similar to a father figure which is what she even said. She could have tried running away, but who's to say he wouldn't have caught up with her and brought back to the life she tried to escape. For her, her only feasible means of escape at that time to murdfer him and end all possibilities of him returning to get her.If you still can't see why it's the same as a grown man carrying out an act of murder with no real substance behind it then the only way I can imagine you would look at it differently is if Sara was your daughter. Would accept the sentence knowing everything that happened to her?

Guest Esquilax
There have been multiple cases of people on death row being exonerated afterwards, which proves why death as a punishment is an inept system.
yeah f*ck death row, dont agree with it for the same reasons i don't agree with criminal killingsI'm not trying to say i'm right and that's the end of it, or that i know it all. Just that it's very ignorant to get a small flash shot of the case and decide we know whats best in the space of a minute
It's wrong for anyone to think they have the authority to kill someone, and that includes the authorities.

Guest Esquilax
What punishment would you propose for someone who tortured and murdered a member of your family?I don't think anything else but the death penalty would suffice for me.
You're trying to personalise the justice system, which doesn't work.If I were to answer that question, I would say complete solitary confinement till the end of their life, hopefully sending them into a state of psychosis due to lack of communication. I wouldn't be able to deal with deciding whether another human should live or die, especially after the ordeal of the death of a family member still burning in the air.

What punishment would you propose for someone who tortured and murdered a member of your family?I don't think anything else but the death penalty would suffice for me.
You're trying to personalise the justice system, which doesn't work.If I were to answer that question, I would say complete solitary confinement till the end of their life, hopefully sending them into a state of psychosis due to lack of communication. I wouldn't be able to deal with deciding whether another human should live or die, especially after the ordeal of the death of a family member still burning in the air.
That's what the justice system is. Personal. It's retribution for those who are affected by the crimes of others, and also keeping those people away from society who are likely to negatively affect it.I would rather see 40,000 of taxpayers money, per year, spent on improving my environment and the country I live in, rather than being spent on keeping a murderer in jail where he is fed, clothed, and kept nice.

There is different gradings of the same crime, its why you have manslaughter and decisions based on self-defence and provocation.
And 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree murder in America. I dont agree with what Flex is saying. As Titan said, this isnt some roadman who killed for a petty reason and needs to be taken off the streets, its a girl who killed to free herself from a man who mentally abused an innocent teenager, raped her then flogged her on the streets for other to abuse a minor. Jail her yes, but life without parole is a pisstake

Guest Esquilax
That's what the justice system is. Personal. It's retribution for those who are affected by the crimes of others, and also keeping those people away from society who are likely to negatively affect it.I would rather see 40,000 of taxpayers money, per year, spent on improving my environment and the country I live in, rather than being spent on keeping a murderer in jail where he is fed, clothed, and kept nice.
The alternative is locking them in a building and forgetting they exist, or murdering them all.Which one?

innocent? which ones?
I swear every time I actually decide to read your posts you say something stupid.How can you talk like you were in that situation.Then again...
Oh sorry since when do you know all my life story darling ? :lol: :lol: You must take me for some niave d*ckhead or something like i have been involved in work which has been to encourage and show people there are other ways to live there lifes. Anyway its not my problem - I'm not getting into it we can't help people who decided to take the law into there own hands before even asking for help.Its as simple as this There are some innocent Juvies on death row!