Ear? GONE

Skola

I have this problem, either my ears are sensitive or everyone else is going deaf from the loudness.Worst was at Jay-Z a few weeks back, for 2 days after my right ear felt blocked like when u go swimming and get water trapped in your ear. Got me worried cos it was such a weird feeling, thought I mite have blown the eardrum or something. Don't even think it was the music just some dumb girls screaming behind me.
My left ear is f*cked at the moment.How long did it take to go away?The right type of earplugs dont block out the sound, they just reduce the volume a bit. DJs wear them, so do most musicians. You even get ear plugs with built in monitors for performing.
Took a good 2-3 days before it felt normal, just freaked me out cos i've had the high pitched whine b4 but never experienced a blocked feeling. I've got ear plugs cos I DJ and sometimes work in loud environments but I imagine you would get funny looks rocking them in a club, best ones are molded to the shape of your ear but cost around £80+.
Cool.Yeah i looked into professional earplugs a few weeks ago but im broke.Today when i stepped outside everything sounded really muffled. Cant lie im a bit shook. Wearing these cheap £11 earplugs atm and probs invest in something better when i start working.

Guest Tulse Hill

"Inner ear traumaThere are two principal damage mechanisms to the inner ear in industrialized society, and both injure hair cells. The first is exposure to elevated sound levels (noise trauma), and the second is exposure to drugs and other substances/Elevated sound levels cause underlying heatlh problems if exposed over a long period of time, most common symptoms are ringing of the ears which indicates damaged drum and should be seen as soon as possible to prevent permenant damage. "

• 8 months later...

BUMP / update:

I have tinnitus.

Pissed.

It never went away, just got less severe. The ringing isnt bad but Im determined to make sure it never gets worse.

I now roll with Doc's Proplugs - £11.

- When fitted properly Doc’s Proplugs protects against high frequency hearing loss

- Ideal for musicians, light industry workers and airline attendants

- Blocks out high frequencies but allows one to hear music and verbal communication with clarity

http://www.proplugs.com/musicandnoise.shtml

Worth a shout if you've EVER had ringing in your ears coz...one day it might not go away.

I wear ear plugs from time to time. Especially at live gigs. Down the front can get extremely noisy especially if your in a small venue and next to a wall. People saying whats the point of them.

You can hear everything exactly the same it just removes the high frequency noises which damage your hearing. I can even hear people talking to me in clubs 100 times more clear while wearing ear plugs.

Best things I ever bought.

• Upvote 1

I wear ear plugs from time to time. Especially at live gigs. Down the front can get extremely noisy especially if your in a small venue and next to a wall. People saying whats the point of them.

You can hear everything exactly the same it just removes the high frequency noises which damage your hearing. I can even hear people talking to me in clubs 100 times more clear while wearing ear plugs.

pos for this coz its true

dont get the highest frequencys which cause damage but everything else is still there and somehow the base feels more intense

Done know :Y:

I go an listen to dub sound systems iration steppas, ,abashanti i an dem sounds

where ur whole soul is just vibrating

love it, not adversely affecting me atm

pos'd for the iration system f*ckin sick

you got links to any of there stuff smaddy? only got like 3 cds

YOU MAN SHOULD HEAR VALVE SOUND SYSTEM.

dun kno

I go an listen to dub sound systems iration steppas, ,abashanti i an dem sounds

where ur whole soul is just vibrating

love it, not adversely affecting me atm

yep, i remember reading that exposure to 45-50hz (which is where those sounds peak) helps tissue repair etc, they're healing frequencies. although home made sirens, white noise and tape delay will f*ck you up blurting out through rows of piezos. I think generally its the higher frequencies that cause more harm to the ears. haven't been to a dub night in years, uni of dub still runs regularly right?

I don't care

Its just annoying in some place when you have to shout to be heard by bitches, or hide away from speakers

However from sound tech lessons (which I got a C in when I was predicting an utter fail ;))

I know the mp3 generation will be reaching 30-35 with f*cked up ears

Guest Triple XXX

i've got permanent ringing in my ears, from when i had bare infections in them from when i was little, i just assumed everyone had it, it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

thats f*cked

n this has nothing to do with hearing

but i get randomly some nights some flickering in my eye

u know like when u go into a buildin with a sh*t flourescent light that flickers real quick i can see that kinda thing in the corner of my eye

it like flickers

kinda rarely happens but its annoyin when it does, it happened last night