Jamaican cuisine - best place to go to.

Eskay Jones

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flavours in Norbury.Never been in there, I always think if I go into one of these Jamaican places, after they're finished serving me they'll just go in the back and be like "Lol did you see that white boy? Wtf is he doing? KMT"
"OMFG A WHITE PERSON IN A CARRIBEAN RESTAURANT IN LONDON, WHAAA...NAHHHHHH"imagine what mummy will say. dont do it. cos even if you survive that unique event in the restaurantyou might just get mugged outside by a gang of black youth. stick to fish n chips...a much safer experience
:lol::lol:

Flavours in Norbury.Never been in there, I always think if I go into one of these Jamaican places, after they're finished serving me they'll just go in the back and be like "Lol did you see that white boy? Wtf is he doing? KMT"
You know what, I doubt most palces would be like that but some will.One west indian takeaway in Stoke Newington called Junior's actually did that to a staff member. He ordered the food for my manager (she's black). She got her food and went up the counter saying why have I got such a small portion. The guy replied, "Oh, I thought it was for the white guy, I didn't know it was for you".I even went in there one time and asked them how small their small dinners were. The guy replied "it's small food". :mellow: So I replied "yeah, so how big is the container for small?"To which he replied"It's small food" :mellow: So I said"Yeah, let me the container for a small dinner innit".He reluctantly went to get a decent sized container, so I thoguht that's cool until he said "Don't watch the size of the container, you need to be watching what I'm putting in it". So I'm thinking what is he talking about. I asked him..."So are you going to fill it up if I get a small dinner?".He replied"It's small food".So I'm annoyed at this point, and asked him again if he would fill it up. He replied"It's small food you are ordering so I put small amount in there".I just walked out of the shop in disbelief at how stupid that manager has to be to hire someone like that guy. Guys like him are one of the primary reasons a lot of west indian takeaways don't get big or close down after a while.

You know what, I doubt most palces would be like that but some will.One west indian takeaway in Stoke Newington called Junior's actually did that to a staff member. He ordered the food for my manager (she's black). She got her food and went up the counter saying why have I got such a small portion. The guy replied, "Oh, I thought it was for the white guy, I didn't know it was for you".I even went in there one time and asked them how small their small dinners were. The guy replied "it's small food". :mellow: So I replied "yeah, so how big is the container for small?"To which he replied"It's small food" :mellow: So I said"Yeah, let me the container for a small dinner innit".He reluctantly went to get a decent sized container, so I thoguht that's cool until he said "Don't watch the size of the container, you need to be watching what I'm putting in it". So I'm thinking what is he talking about. I asked him..."So are you going to fill it up if I get a small dinner?".He replied"It's small food".So I'm annoyed at this point, and asked him again if he would fill it up. He replied"It's small food you are ordering so I put small amount in there".I just walked out of the shop in disbelief at how stupid that manager has to be to hire someone like that guy. Guys like him are one of the primary reasons a lot of west indian takeaways don't get big or close down after a while.
lol theres this place in edgware ive been to a few times and its possibly the biggest joke of a restaurant. The woman in there doesnt know how to use a till and she calculates the price of your food on a piece of paper like you learnt how to in school (doesnt even use a calculator.) Both times ive been there shes f*cked up the price and tried to over charge. instead of there being menus theres a white board with a permanent marker she uses to put the prices up. also charged me 5.50 for jerk chicken when the menu says £5, her reason for this was because they havent got round to changing the prices. I believe its down to my ethnicityMakes you wonder what kind of sh*t you're eating.

I'm always wary of takeaways that write the price down on boards with stuff that can be rubbed out easily. And unless I see a sign saying prices have changed form those stated on the menu, they are getting the price I see on the menu.But sh*t like this is a problem for these black business a lot of the time. They can't even be arsed to shell out a little extra to print out a new menu and then wonder why a restaurant owned by a white/asian man cooking the same type of food gets better ratings and publicity (not all the time but in some cases).

Guest Esquilax

Tbh west indian cuisine is f*ck*ng waste in comparison to chinese and indian, so us good honest whites aren't really missing out on muchI really want some f*ck*ng saltfish fritters though, bun my life