Wireless Printer Help

Rippy

Recently broke my printer and needed to resort to using one connected to a home pc downstairs.When I first set up the connection it worked fine. At the time a MAC filter was used for our internet security but last week I changed it to password protected.Now the damn wireless connection for the printer doesn't work. Any help?I've tried everything; On home PC making sure network sharing center is allowing printer sharing; searching for printers through network; reinstalling etc..But no luck. Both run Vista and are on the same network. (My macbook also used to connect fine but I'm not too fussed for connecting a printer to this).Would appreciate some solutions.

That's not enough information. Lol.I looked into it but unless I go back to MAC filtering (which is long for many reasons), there's nothing in those settings, as far as I know, that can help. Really not feeling to purchase a new printer. Surely if both devices are in the same network, it should be able to find the printer?

Guest Swiftie
That's not enough information. Lol.I looked into it but unless I go back to MAC filtering (which is long for many reasons), there's nothing in those settings, as far as I know, that can help. Really not feeling to purchase a new printer. Surely if both devices are in the same network, it should be able to find the printer?
Reset the network settings for the printer. Should be in the menu somewhere "if you have a model number" then drop into your next post.Then re-add the printer back onto the network using the printer menu. Once all that is done and the printer is happy and it has got an IP address from the router.Then install printer onto the PC using whatever software/driver.