Chipmunk vs. Grime - Did someone say RIP Grime?

Numero001

I am sure he will look back on this in a few years time and think he could have risen above it and just focussed on his career and his fans.It is an easy trap to fall into. The day after he won the Mobo he was on Twitter criticising underground Grime artists. All that should have been outwardly projected from his thoughts was thanking his fans for their support. But that wisdom and serenity comes with age and experience.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but like I was going to say earlier, it matters to him now.Like I said he in a age group and growing up in a time where man are just going to call him moist and the reality is Chipmunk cant really just go different ends and hang, which we all did when we was man's age. The thing he has to realise is he cant gain street stripes now, just get p'd off so in years to come he's laughing at man, but of course by then he should be content in himself that laughing at others misfortune aint a ting.

TF I was gonna make a topic asking this but how does royalties work for example im phoning virgin media and they got me on hold n there playing someones song how does payment for this workfootball focua are using my song each weekend etc
do u mean all that PRS + MCPS? They take a cross section of what gets played from every venue, business etc... with a prs license and then average it out, meaning you could have a tune played but you wouldn't get a penny for it. It's different for the bbc tho.

A rising rapper plotted to murder his 15-year-old pregnant ex-girlfriend with the help of a fellow musician, a court heard.Brandon Jolie, who recently recorded a track for sportswear giant Nike, allegedly schemed with Kingsley Ogundele.The 19-year-olds then put the plan into action with 'cold-eyed and unnerving calculation' three weeks later, the jury was told.Jolie, whose records under the name Maniac have featured in EastEnders and British film Adulthood, lured the 24-week pregnant girl to a secluded canal path in Islington, north London, in November, where Ogundele was lying in wait, the court heard.Ogundele ran up behind her and smashed her over the head with a metal pole. He then pushed her into the water and held her head under.Ogundele ran off when a passer-by saw what was happening and bravely intervened, the jury was told. Ogundele, of Romford, denies conspiracy to murder. Jolie is not before the court.The trial at the Old Bailey continues.

The more I think about, the way I see it is like, NWA, Dr. Dre/Snoop/Wu-Tang had Sugarhill Gang, Kurtis Blow before they gangsta rap blew up...Artists like Chipmunk, Dizzee & Tinchy are the battering rams for 'urban music' really. At one point, something with more edge will be wanted, and these kinda artists won't run no more...

Guest No Mark
A rising rapper plotted to murder his 15-year-old pregnant ex-girlfriend with the help of a fellow musician, a court heard.Brandon Jolie, who recently recorded a track for sportswear giant Nike, allegedly schemed with Kingsley Ogundele.The 19-year-olds then put the plan into action with 'cold-eyed and unnerving calculation' three weeks later, the jury was told.Jolie, whose records under the name Maniac have featured in EastEnders and British film Adulthood, lured the 24-week pregnant girl to a secluded canal path in Islington, north London, in November, where Ogundele was lying in wait, the court heard.Ogundele ran up behind her and smashed her over the head with a metal pole. He then pushed her into the water and held her head under.Ogundele ran off when a passer-by saw what was happening and bravely intervened, the jury was told. Ogundele, of Romford, denies conspiracy to murder. Jolie is not before the court.The trial at the Old Bailey continues.
Some other newspapers in London have him down as a 28 year old from Luton.Some f*cked up reporting.

The more I think about, the way I see it is like, NWA, Dr. Dre/Snoop/Wu-Tang had Sugarhill Gang, Kurtis Blow before they gangsta rap blew up...Artists like Chipmunk, Dizzee & Tinchy are the battering rams for 'urban music' really. At one point, something with more edge will be wanted, and these kinda artists won't run no more...
You think labels are gonna look at the success of Tinchy and Chipmunk making this candy floss sh*t and give them the time of day when they try to propose something a bit more edgy? Only way this will happen is if they turn into huge stars. The UK Urban scene has regressed if anything.That Maniac story is f*cked.

Guest Tibbius

To be honest i dont know where to get started:Artists parrin their original core audience?Actin like the scene they come from done nothing for them?The direction of the urban music scene in this country?Interaction between artists?Talent vs marketabilityPeople were on a hype yesterday, but i guess this started from Jammer callin round MC's regarding clashes for the new LOTM, had some people talkin reckless.... some people talkin sense, and some talkin pure bullshit.Chipmunk said "No reply is the best attack... But hey guys.. Dizzee said it best... MONEY TALKS LOL!""Anyone would think I need the f*ck*ng promotion looool""There's a few people that are still on the same spot. Clearasil or clear a deal! Talent isn't enough... Attitude and effort is essential!"What are people in this music for? So people walk up to you, brownnose off your backside, and say "you're sick"For the money?For the love?For the status?I think alot of people are in this for the wrong reasons. our 'scene' hadnt just been the music over the years, it had been a culture different to what the mainstream was doin.... now i dont know the difference.people are forgettin where they come from, who really supported them, and the foundations of their whole career aat the first sign of $$$i would be hype if 'Fire Alie' was lookin #1 this week. but as i said yesterday"What ever happened to proving yourself? You can't make a couple gyal tunes, go #1 then act like you're Lord Of The Mic!"What happened to bein the best MC? the best lyricist? the best entertainer? the best artist?record sales dont make you that guy.... Teletubbies, Bob The Builder, and Crazy Frog all went #1 too.

its annoyin how some of you try and make a point and then answer ur own question without realising.FLOJO..THATS THE VERY WAY IT CAN HAPPEN FFS IF THEY BECOME HUGE STARS!
It's a very big if and in the event they do get to that status I think the change in direction will alienate their fans who know them for the candy floss sh*t and their original fans won't care cos in the case of Chipmunk he's already taking shots at the scene he came from and the people who elevated him to the status he's at now by supporting him.Look at Kano as a prime example.