Lunchtime at work

Em Dott

For the workers out there...What do you get to eat on your lunchbreak? Trying to eat healthier but money and time isn't really there at the moment.For me, I've been on this lahmacun (sp?) ting hard. 2 at a time. And it only cost £3 for both. However, when my bank balance is a bit nicer, I'm going to be cooking up food and taking it to work. Just sh*t like rice, chicken/fish and sweet potato. In fact, when I get my travelcard in November I'm probably going to hit up Brown Eagle in Totty on lunch break on the days I don't bring food from home.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everywhere is either too expensive for what you get, or too repetitive.Most days I just end up going for a walk with a lucosade :/As you said thoguh Titan, home cooking >>>>>>>>>>It'll generally be better for you and easier on your pocket in the long run.

Guest Esquilax

Get a salad from Whole Foods maortiemIf you get the right stuff you could be paying 3.90 for a fairly large box of salad of the highest quality.Either that or just bring a sandwich and some crisps inToday I shall be indulging in both

left overs where ever possiblei show up to my mums house with a clippy box nowadaysotherwise its a tuna baguette from pret or chinneseused to be a sick Spanish place that did roast chicken and chips but it closed down. Guttedhefty marf*ckers in my dept go for donner kebabs 2-3 times a week

Guest Esquilax
Salad? pmsl, I'm not an anorexic woman.
LmaoSalads can be quite filling if you get the right thingsMine usually consists of lettuce, feta cheese, olives, chicken and pesto pasta, dressing, various other tidbits, little bit of breadTasty and healthy lunch for your tingsThen I go home and pig out on pizza

Used to do the sandwich thing, but constantly eating chicken salad sandwiches got real real real boring. Like people have said already, it's too repititive, and if it's not it's too expensive. I'm just waiting for this travelcard and then it's brown eagle every other lunch time.

sainsbury chicken & bacon sandwichstrawberry rice pudding2 crossant & orang drink or One reggae chicken pati ( doesn't taste like the real deal) But its pretty impressive for a knock off. egg & bacon sandwich orange juice orThe Chinese buffet up the road.

Guest Esquilax

Kay vipgimme an answerIva had a sandwich and some crisps, but i want MAORi have 20 quid to my very name for the rest of the month, 15 of which has to be spent on my weekly ticket that i get back on expenseswtf do i do?SHALL I ENGORGE MYSELF AND BUY MORE?

i do the phases thing too. good thign about working in the ghetto is u get cheap food.somedays' its carrib, somedays, the odd jollof, others its kebabsometimes its home cookin. my friend was telling me how this time last yr his fridge at work was always emptyor if it had food in it, it would only have stuff like bio yoghurts and packet fruits.on monday they requested a new bigger fridgeits now full of home cooking and large containers. NO FRUITS, NO YOGHURTausterity>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Salad? pmsl, I'm not an anorexic woman.
What salads have you been eating? EggMayo salad with Pancetta on a bed of Basel with Olive oil and you're good to go. :huh:
LOLSorry I don't eat all those silly meals.Mans meals >>>>>>>>