Paul Pogba

Guest R9

Can't think of a worse transfer for the selling/releasing team in recent years.

its madness.

Andrea Pirlo insists Manchester United are living with their mistake of allowing Paul Pogba to join Juventus and believes the French midfielder is unlikely to ever return to Old Trafford.

Pogba left United for the Serie A champions in July 2012 after growing frustrated with a lack of first-team opportunities under Sir Alex Ferguson.

The 21-year-old immediately became a regular fixture at Juventus and has already won two Serie A titles during his time in Italy.

"For whatever reasons they [Manchester United] chose not to give him a chance, and that is a mistake they will have to live with now," Pirlo told Telefoot.

"I can’t see that he [Pogba] will ever return to Manchester United."

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
And Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane told French broadcaster RTL on Monday: "Many clubs are interested in him and among these is Real Madrid.

"I think Pogba is a fantastic player. What I like most is that it can do everything. He is a complete player, who can also score, who is not afraid to go forwards. In terms of quality, he is extraordinary."