Is this racist? just saw this on the news

The Somalian

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/...ace-sketch.htmlarticle-1218971-06BFBBB1000005DC-135_634x341.jpgarticle-1218971-06BFBB9D000005DC-573_634x356.jpgAn Australian variety show host has apologised live on air for a sketch in which singers parodying the Jackson Five performed wearing afro wigs and with their faces blacked up.American singer and actor Harry Connick Jr, who was serving as a guest judge on early evening show Hey Hey It's Saturday, was visibly shocked by the act.It featured five men in blackface singing and dancing behind a Michael Jackson impersonator, who was wearing white make-up.Enlarge Hey Hey Its Saturday Jackson Jive actParody: The Jackson Jive act on Hey Hey It's Saturday featured five blacked up singers performing a medley of Michael Jackson songsEnlarge Hey Hey It's Saturday Jackson Jive actApology: The group is joined by a Michael Jackson impersonator in white make-up. The shows host apologised on air for the actConnick, 42, gave the performance a zero score and told them that if they had performed the act in the U.S. it would have been pulled off the air.Connick added that he would not have appeared on the show if he had known about the sketch.'I just want to say, on behalf of my country, I know it was done humorously, but we've spent so much time trying to not make black people look like buffoons, that when we see something like that we take it really to heart', he told Mr Somers after the apology.Mr Somers said: 'I know that to your countrymen, that's an insult to have a blackface routine like that on the show, so I do apologise to you.'Blackface is a traditional troupe of minstrel show, emulated in the UK for many years by the Black And White Minstrels, that dates back to 19th century America.White people playing black characters - usually offensive stereotypes meant to demean people - rubbed coal, grease or shoe polish on their faces. The performances are not common in Australia.Australians have criticised the show for broadcasting such a racist sketch, while others have said it was funny and people were being too politically correct.At a news conference this morning, opposition politician Helen Coonan labelled the skit 'disgusting'.Host Darly Somers apologised to Connick during the live show.Nils points: Harry Connick Jnr wasn't impressed with the black face groupAnand Deva, the frontman of the 'Jackson Jive' act, said it was not meant to cause offence, but admitted he would not have performed it in the U.S.Michael Jackson died on June 25, at the age of 50.'Hey Hey' ran for 27 years in Australia from 1971. The 'Jackson Jive' group first appeared on the show 20 years ago and were invited back to reprise their roles during the second of two reunion shows for the once-popular programme.Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/...l#ixzz0TMwzZPUIVIEWS??????

is this racist ?

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

white people are so insidious and subtle in their crueltysee how they slyly they attempt to dehumanize the negro or the muslim and then claim they are the victims becaus eof political corectness gone madthey claim to think paki is a harmless abbreviation of pakistaniif black people can say nigga then why cant wethis is the new enemy we need to fight.. the insidious cruel devil with a whip and the shackles of slavery interwoven in their words and the intangible vagueness and false ignorance in their commentsbe aware
:lol::lol: is all you do come on here trying to get people to react?

is this racist ?
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">
Completely different and you know it.

is this racist ?
Completely different and you know it.elaborate

is this racist ?
Completely different and you know it.elaborateBasically one video is white people pretending to be black and the other video is black people pretending to be white.

Guest Esquilax

Blacking up, historically, is 'offensive' because the history of minstrelsy. Minstrels were portrayed as ignorant, stupid, buffoonish, generally a bunch of negro f*ckwits. That's why people don't like it.White Chicks wasn't even a funny movie at all, more of an insult to blacks tbh

go eat a watermelon you mango muncherthe tv show was a 20 year reunion the guys have respected jobs its not like they are planning to get big from it (i think)just one more show for old times sakes I think its an over reaction same way when Obama called the white police officer stupid over that arrest thingesqualax does have a valid point about sesitivity but they were performing in aussie land not in the states its just that how inter connected the world has become that I think this has become a talking point in the media

Blacking up, historically, is 'offensive' because the history of minstrelsy. Minstrels were portrayed as ignorant, stupid, buffoonish, generally a bunch of negro f*ckwits. That's why people don't like it.White Chicks wasn't even a funny movie at all, more of an insult to blacks tbh
What like in 'white chicks' how they were dressed up to be stereotypical dumb blonde white girls yeh????

portraying a white or black person in a film is not seen as racist. thats why its not a double standard. thats the thing with people in situations like thisalways comparing different situations to cover up their stupid racism or ignorancethe whole aspect of the minstrels is the context. THE f*ck*ng CONTEXT NOT JUST A WHITE PERSON BLACKING UP.and the thats why it was not needed on a live TV show, certainly not when trying to one of america's greatest singing familiesdid black people complain about tropic thunder? f*ck australia anyway, godforsaken racist cunts. the island can sink for all i care

go eat a watermelon you mango muncherthe tv show was a 20 year reunion the guys have respected jobs its not like they are planning to get big from it (i think)just one more show for old times sakes I think its an over reaction same way when Obama called the white police officer stupid over that arrest thingesqualax does have a valid point about sesitivity but they were performing in aussie land not in the states its just that how inter connected the world has become that I think this has become a talking point in the media
See thats interesting A totally different debate.But its funny how one video spreads around the world in a short space of time. The net seems to be getting smaller.Just noticed that video of that chav gettin KTFO is on WSHH & same with this video.

portraying a white or black person in a film is not seen as racist. thats why its not a double standard. thats the thing with people in situations like thisalways comparing different situations to cover up their stupid racism or ignorancethe whole aspect of the minstrels is the context. THE f*ck*ng CONTEXT NOT JUST A WHITE PERSON BLACKING UP.and the thats why it was not needed on a live TV show, certainly not when trying to one of america's greatest singing familiesdid black people complain about tropic thunder? f*ck australia anyway, godforsaken racist cunts. the island can sink for all i care
What do you expect, theyre a nation full of ex convicts.

Guest Esquilax
What like in 'white chicks' how they were dressed up to be stereotypical dumb blonde white girls yeh????
Whites don't really care thoughWell, I don't care