Jay Sean

mr_r

So what do you guys think of Jay Sean cracking America cashmoney done well for him...heard his interview on radio yesterday....mans gots some BIG colaberations coming soon.sean paullil jon keisha buchananbirdmanlil waynepersonally i think well done... :respect:

Jay Sean has ended Black Eyed Peas' six-month reign at the top of the US singles chart. In doing so, the Southall singer is the first British urban male artist to have a No 1 US single, beating the previous top 10 achievements of Mark Morrison and Craig David. Sean's single, Down, which features labelmate Lil Wayne, is his first release in America. The track sold over 1.5m downloads to get to the top. "It's just incredible to have reached No 1 with my first release in America," said the 28-year-old. Sean's success ends a record-breaking run at the chart summit for Black Eyed Peas. Their back-to-back hits Boom Boom Pow and I've Got a Feeling secured the top spot for a staggering 26-week run. After quitting a degree in medicine, Sean scored a couple of UK hits after signing to Virgin in 2003. He was dropped shortly afterwards, with Sean claiming that the label was pushing him in a bland mainstream direction, away from his R&B roots. In October 2008 Sean found a new home at Cash Money, a move that has clearly paid off. Sean is set to release Down in the UK on 26 October

Like I said in the previous topicVery big song. No surprise there. He as come a long way ..
he has , he was refused by some produce ..and paid for his own cd and done well....but he still wasnt that well know here in to be fair.. only amongst the asian scene ...he been around for quiet a few years now.

Always used to see him and think he was crap, don't think any different now.Whether or not it paves the way for UK artists or not, I don't want to see sh*t musicians making sh*t music at the forefront of anything.

Always used to see him and think he was crap, don't think any different now.Whether or not it paves the way for UK artists or not, I don't want to see sh*t musicians making sh*t music at the forefront of anything.
is it beacuse his asian? :lol:
Lol no, though that did guarantee a few laughs when he first came on the scene with his fitted cap and sh*t.But really I jus think all that type of music is whale sh*t.

he has pretty much no profile hereit sickens me that he had 2 go america 2 get his deserved respect... man is the first briitish guy since coldplay 2 get 2 number 1 in america and he is barely relevant here... and its because hes a paki. period.funny how wayne saw somethin in him and broought him through... guyshowed love 2 the uk scene when he had no need 2... did the bbk and let them up in the down video..humble and articulate breh as well you can tell from his interviews...in short kamaljit won. but i wont forgive tehese crackas for tryin 2 hold him down.
TBH he never really marketed his music towards the british public. His fans base was the asian community. He conquered that market and decided to stretch out. I might be wrong but he was once signed over here and the choices of singles was pretty poor at the time and they never seemed clued up on how to market him. His image wasn't really cuttin it either (No homo).He as improved a lot since when he started. His previous single 'ride it' e.t.c opened a lot of doors for him.As for the whole cash money thing, It was just a matter of seizing an opportunity and making the most out of it.He as a good team who probably proposed the deal with cash money.Everything was well orchestrated and came out good for him. Am glad he aint working with Rishi rich and dem cornballs anymore. They never helped him music wise imo.

he has pretty much no profile hereit sickens me that he had 2 go america 2 get his deserved respect... man is the first briitish guy since coldplay 2 get 2 number 1 in america and he is barely relevant here... and its because hes a paki. period.funny how wayne saw somethin in him and broought him through... guyshowed love 2 the uk scene when he had no need 2... did the bbk and let them up in the down video..humble and articulate breh as well you can tell from his interviews...in short kamaljit won. but i wont forgive tehese crackas for tryin 2 hold him down.
Not cos he's a paki, cos he's making "urban" music.Not Wayne, it was Baby.

i dont care what he's achieved. this is as lame as louis walsh choosing those useless sh*t twins to go thru in the x factornot cos he's really talented but cos there is a "market" for him. its not cos he's asian its cos hes just bland and happens to be asian. baby just wanted to make dosh off the asian market. i mean he has a potential 1 billion customers there for him who will show him love.the movement with cashmoney just a business move, and i cdnt give a sh*t whether he gets ignored in the UK. obviously the business of making music is also about making money, and i personally dont like these silly moves.he also doesnt pave any way for british urban artists in anyway since this was just a power move not looking for UK talent, but if you know any chinese person with a decent RnB voice, then the future should be bright for him or her.