Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YFSD

Help!

12 posts in this topic

I'm at my dad's with my laptop, he uses downstairs BT Fusion internet. They got the password off the guys downstairs but they don't know it off by heart so I can't connect on my lappyIs there any way I can find it on the lappy I'm on ATM?Edit :- If it's unclear I want to get the WEP key off this lappy i'm using to connect on my lappy.

I can't even log into the router with the i.p address.Don't know wtf is going on.

what o/s is the PC/Laptop which is already connected to the wifi?or192.168.1.1or 192.168.0.1adminadmin, change key in router config

It's vista and the internet is BT Fusion

http://192.168.1.254 is the default address on BT routers.If you already have a machine that has connected to the network before so has all the right information then use a Util like..
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wirelesskeyview.zip

Which will show the passwords of saved networks on the computer that is ALREADY linked up.

Thanks, I was hoping you'd pass throughIt shows keys but in Hex and asciiI know the WPA key is 8 characters long and the program only shows 10 characters and 16 characters

on the pc or laptop which is already connected to the wifi, if it has vista then you maybe able to view the key if it was typed in with unprotected modelocate the network in the "Manage Wireless Networks" from the Network & Sharing Centre from Control Panel, and go to properties, it should be around there somewhere

Yeah i've tried it, it's protected.Thanks though.

Thers no way of connecting to it unless yu kno the wep key. you can find programmes that can hack thru the wep key but most of them don't work and can takes forever.

you can't change the hex key to a shorter passphrase, i think you have to use that to log on somehow, but really you need to access the router. Try resetting/hard reset it if you haven't got major tweaks if you having trouble accessing it. (hold in for 20 secs) default pass should be on the router or something like admin admin. need to change the key.

It's not my routerIt doesn't matter now but thanks for all the help guys

It's not my routerIt doesn't matter now but thanks for all the help guys
Should've just tried both HEX or ASCII regardless. But anyways as we move on.