Help!

YFSD

I'm at my dad's with my laptop, he uses downstairs BT Fusion internet. They got the password off the guys downstairs but they don't know it off by heart so I can't connect on my lappyIs there any way I can find it on the lappy I'm on ATM?Edit :- If it's unclear I want to get the WEP key off this lappy i'm using to connect on my lappy.

Guest Swiftie
http://192.168.1.254 is the default address on BT routers.If you already have a machine that has connected to the network before so has all the right information then use a Util like..
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wirelesskeyview.zip

Which will show the passwords of saved networks on the computer that is ALREADY linked up.

on the pc or laptop which is already connected to the wifi, if it has vista then you maybe able to view the key if it was typed in with unprotected modelocate the network in the "Manage Wireless Networks" from the Network & Sharing Centre from Control Panel, and go to properties, it should be around there somewhere

you can't change the hex key to a shorter passphrase, i think you have to use that to log on somehow, but really you need to access the router. Try resetting/hard reset it if you haven't got major tweaks if you having trouble accessing it. (hold in for 20 secs) default pass should be on the router or something like admin admin. need to change the key.