Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bay_u

FAO electrians

15 posts in this topic

the fuse on my ps3 plug has blownits a 5aif i put a 13a fuse in it, would that be ok?

lolWouldnt recommend this.It's common with other appliances, but for something which uses a lot of power/has a tendancy to overheat + is f*ck*ng expensive, use the correct fuse.All it means is that either your wire will burn up first, or your PS3 will fry when the fuse doesn't blow and restrict the current its supposed to.They're like 50p anyway.

ok i found a spare 5a fuse but its still not turning onaahhi did hear a slight pop when i thought the fuse was wrong, so it might mean its inside the ps3???

ok i found a spare 5a fuse but its still not turning onaahhi did hear a slight pop when i thought the fuse was wrong, so it might mean its inside the ps3???
jus get a 360 of neckstaif 360 f*cks up, at least you know what it is and can get it fixed for free

Learned about this in gcse and the knowledge still fails me now.

Technically it will work but the overload protection won't be there so chances of frying the appliance is HIGH. So if you want to just use it to test go ahead. But wouldn't recomend using the wrong Ampere

LMAO at puttin a 13a in a 5a

Technically it will work but the overload protection won't be there so chances of frying the appliance is HIGH. So if you want to just use it to test go ahead. But wouldn't recomend using the wrong Ampere
this.the whole point of a fuse is to protect against surges. if theres a spike in the amount of electricity, the fuse breaks (costs 20p), as opposed to breaking the ps3 (£300)

jus get a 360 of neckstaif 360 f*cks up, at least you know what it is and can get it fixed for free
he sells them?

LMAO at puttin a 13a in a 5a
:lol::lol::lol: I mean a 13a in a 5a?

he sells them?
yehttp://www.vip2.co.uk/forum/index.php?show...5652&st=480

wont have any overcurrent protection its 5 for a reason if u change it to 13 it wont blow at 5amps so basically youre f*cked