Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sleepz

Merging a Partitioned Hard Drive?

16 posts in this topic

My main hard drive with Windows is split, i emptied one of them and now i want to merge it back, how do i go about doing this safely?

i swear u cant....at best u mite be able to mount the empty drive into a folder on the other one....unless actually if they were dynamic drives then u MIGHT be able to, but its all within uumm disk manager on windows anyway

Got this Acronis ting, forums saying it cant be done with it.Nem might be right by the looks of it

if the windows partition was the FIRST system partition, then i dont think it cant be f*cked with once its been done...aarrgghh im tryin to remember the sh*t from school but my agin brain is failin me...

Dno if this is useful8yvwnk.jpg

what did u use to split it up in the first place?the fact that its still in FAT32 file format, im guessin it was some 3rd party dos program, which would ave made them two "basic" discs n boooooooooooooyyyy....errr click on start then run...then type in compmgmt.msc once that opens goto disk management n see wha gwarn in there...

Yeah i made the 'My Music' one myself2ywxooy.jpg

from within that disk manager, are u not able to delete the partition, or maybe first try allocatin that space to the C:\ drive.....although i knw when the disc is set to basic there are certain limitations on what u can do, but even if u have to convert it to dynamic u wont lose ur data...

paragons partition manager does itn partition magic

Yeah I'd say don't mess with Acronis Disk Director, it put the computer to sleep during the operation and when I turned it back on it wouldn't boot.

paragons partition manager does itn partition magic
used both of these before. both work well.

For a rough guide on how to use Acronis Disk Director Suite then the following link is your friend.http://www.geeksdo.com/extend-c-drive-pc-acronis.htmJust a heads up. You will still be left with a D drive as the merger doesn't get rid of the other partition completely. But what you can do is use your disk management and delete the free space left on it so it doesn't apprear on "My Computer" as it will be "Unallocated space"AS PER USUAL I WOULD ADVICE TO BACK UP AS 1 SILLY MISTAKE AND IT's POOOF all the files gone.Don't get rid of the PQSERVICE as that's your restore partition aswell.