lllow it

Grafter

Attacking someone for being fat should be a hate crime, campaigners say.They want so-called "fat-ism" to be made illegal on the same grounds as race, age and religious discrimination. A demonstration is being held outside the offices of the mayor of London asking him to lead the way in making sure employers are not prejudiced. Protesters want the UK to follow San Francisco, where a law bans "fat-ism" in housing and employment and stops doctors pressing patients to slim down. Sondra Solway, a San Francisco lawyer, said: "The San Francisco ordinance says you may want to mention weight to the patient but if the patient says they do not want to talk about that then you are asked to respect those wishes." Size acceptanceIn the UK, size is not a protected characteristic under discrimination legislation. People who are very overweight do experience a lot of prejudice both in their social life and working life and do need some protection." Dr Ian Campbell, Weight Concern The campaigners, who belong to the Size Acceptance Movement, say surveys show 93% of employers would rather employ a thin person than a fat one even if they are equally qualified. Kathryn Szrodecki, who campaigns on behalf of overweight people, said that in the UK fat people were stared at, pointed at, talked about and attacked. She said: "I have been discriminated against - I am a YMCA qualified fitness instructor, but I have gone for jobs and been laughed off the premises." Another campaigner, Marsha Coupe, said: "I have been punched, I have had beer thrown in my face, I have had people attack me on the train. "They say 'Move out of the way fatty! Well person coming down the aisle!'" Ms Szrodecki said: "This is a very common event - someone being beaten up should be a crime. "It is not about who you are or what you have done, it is just about the way you look. "You are allowed to shame us just because of the way we look." Dr Ian Campbell of the charity Weight Concern said he was doubtful that legislation would have any immediate effect on the situation. He said: "People who are very overweight do experience a lot of prejudice both in their social life and working life and do need some protection. "We know that genetic and social reasons can lead to this very complex problem. "For instance, people in inner cities are much more likely to be overweight because of poorer education, poorer housing and poorer job opportunities. "Not everyone has a free choice about controlling their weight."
dnt believe them statements tbh

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beating someone up is a crime and a crime punishable by law.But punishing someone on the basis of what they were thinking when they committed the offence is stupid, even a violation.Bullying Fat people might be a hate crime. But then bullying someone because they are skinny should be also considered and bullying someone because they wear market TN's should be considered.I used to be technically obese. My BMI was 34.4. So it isn't like I haven't experienced taunts and abuse because of my size before but....Generally abuse verbal or physical is not tolerated by law and that is the way it should stay. But branding individual forms of abuse from such as "Fatism" to differentiate it from abuse on the based on other factors that may be no worse than "Fatism", is entirely pointless.

some mad law.shouldn't employers have the right to choose perspective employees on whether they fit into the company?case in point that chick with a prospect arm claiming damages against Abercrombie&Fitch. makes no sense. why apply for a job thats solely about image with a disability like that? You’re only setting yourself up for a fail.

"Not everyone has a free choice about controlling their weight."
i disagree with that statement.

Attacking someone for being fat should be a hate crime, campaigners say.Protesters want the UK to follow San Francisco, where a law bans "fat-ism" in housing and employment and stops doctors pressing patients to slim down. "
dnt believe them statements tbh
If the weight is affecting there health then THEY DO NEED TO SLIM DOWN!FFS!

some mad law.shouldn't employers have the right to choose perspective employees on whether they fit into the company?case in point that chick with a prospect arm claiming damages against Abercrombie&Fitch. makes no sense. why apply for a job thats solely about image with a disability like that? You’re only setting yourself up for a fail.
:lol: * Prosthetic

Guest Esquilax

lampooning smokers should be equally as criminal then, they're both self inflicted, both bad for your health, both have an external effectwhy is it more acceptable to call some one a dirty smoking piece of sh*t than call someone a wobbly fat mess?

loli larfed when i see it, but couldnt think of the right word

lmao. must've been daydreamin' or summin'

Guest luckstar
lampooning smokers should be equally as criminal then, they're both self inflicted, both bad for your health, both have an external effectwhy is it more acceptable to call some one a dirty smoking piece of sh*t than call someone a wobbly fat mess?
good point.fat people if anythin deserve more abuse then smokers because they are sickening 2 have 2look at ....it hurts me 2 be nice 2 them i jus wna turn around and call them blubbery cunts

good point.fat people if anythin deserve more abuse then smokers because they are sickening 2 have 2look at ....it hurts me 2 be nice 2 them i jus wna turn around and call them blubbery cunts
Dredd.I don't believe in all the fatism being a special form of abuse like ageism and racism lark.I just believe abuse should not occur/be tolerated at all.It's all about basic human decency.

Guest Esquilax
fat bastards they make me sickI especially hate fat kidsU should be playing rounders and doing cartwheels how the f*ck are u fatIm no im getting kinda wedge but i could never let my belly stop me from seeing my crouch u mad
Never heard it called that before.

fat bastards they make me sickI especially hate fat kidsU should be playing rounders and doing cartwheels how the f*ck are u fatIm no im getting kinda wedge but i could never let my belly stop me from seeing my crouch u mad
Probably meant crotch.But she was so overcome with emotion and hate for fatties that her eyes were blinded with rage resulting in the afformentionedpeter-crouch1.jpgreference.

Guest Esquilax
Probably meant crotch.But she was so overcome with emotion and hate for fatties that her eyes were blinded with rage resulting in the afformentionedpeter-crouch1.jpgreference.
Either way I'm aroused.

I was reading this in my free Evening Standard on my way home and I got kinda angry at this f*ck*ng idiot. It's unrealistic and quite frankly idiotic.That fatty bumbum can lose the weight but ugly people can't change. What about ugly people? The forgotten ones in all this.......I'm off to pout & stroke my hair in the mirror still.

Guest Esquilax
I was reading this in my free Evening Standard on my way home and I got kinda angry at this f*ck*ng idiot. It's unrealistic and quite frankly idiotic.That fatty bumbum can lose the weight but ugly people can't change. What about ugly people? The forgotten ones in all this.......I'm off to pout & stroke my hair in the mirror still.
Ugliness is subjective from person to person, so cannot be classified.Obesity however, is something that can be physically proven, and tbh, they SHOULD be lambasted, cuz they need to lose that sh*t.Especially that fat c*nt Beth Ditto.

UK fatties demand ‘hate crime’ status for lardo-baitingLewis PageThe RegisterMonday, October 19, 2009Woebegone British swingbellies have launched a campaign against anti-lardo “hate crime” and discrimination, even as a survey of possibly gutbusting Germans has revealed that being “overweight” is actually not a health hazard.The British flab-lib campaign is reported today by the BBC, which quotes Kathryn Szrodecki – described elsewhere (and pictured) by the Beeb as “a full-figured woman firm in her belief that to be big is not to be bad” as saying that the long-belted community face a grim life of discrimination and abuse in Blighty.“I have been discriminated against – I am a YMCA qualified fitness instructor, but I have gone for jobs and been laughed off the premises,” the rotund campaigner told the Beeb.“I have been punched, I have had beer thrown in my face,” added globular persecutee Marsha Coupe. “They say ‘Move out of the way fatty!’”“Someone being beaten up should be a crime,” commented Szrodecki.Meanwhile in Germany, most people are judged “overweight” by the famously unreliable Body Mass Index (BMI) method. Top Teutonic boffin Matthias Lenz of the Faculty of Mathematics, Computer Science, and Natural Sciences of the University of Hamburg decided to look into this, compiling 42 different German health studies together to find out if being in the “overweight” BMI range (as opposed to “ideal” or “healthy”) had any negative health consequences.http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/19/pi...rs_want_backup/
LOL