cdj's or decks for jungle/reggae and bashment

Kim

got some decks there allright, all the vinyl for them is manly garage sh*t, wich i got given to me...so basically wanna start collecting my own sh*t, oldskool sh*t tho, so i suppose it would be easier to go for vnyl bt dont reealy wanna fork out for it.....cus it aint cheap.so im basically tryna say were can i buy mp3s of jungle/reggae and also what would b easier to mix with, cus im sh*t.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got some decks there allright, all the vinyl for them is manly garage sh*t, wich i got given to me...so basically wanna start collecting my own sh*t, oldskool sh*t tho, so i suppose it would be easier to go for vnyl bt dont reealy wanna fork out for it.....cus it aint cheap.so im basically tryna say were can i buy mp3s of jungle/reggae and also what would b easier to mix with, cus im sh*t.
You got your vinyl decks.Only thing you need it serato scratch live + Laptop = YOUR TIMECDJs are gay, mixing skill and what not lessens. That is why anybody can be a dj when they have cdjs.That dude who does area on fridays, he can't mix, is any guy, but has cds.So many people who just can't mix.But yeah, serato + laptop. If you do encounter CDJs, just plug the serato into them.

You got your vinyl decks.Only thing you need it serato scratch live + Laptop = YOUR TIMECDJs are gay, mixing skill and what not lessens. That is why anybody can be a dj when they have cdjs.That dude who does area on fridays, he can't mix, is any guy, but has cds.So many people who just can't mix.But yeah, serato + laptop. If you do encounter CDJs, just plug the serato into them.
If u can't mix with vinyl then u can't mix on cdjs.

Guest Swiftie
I'm a supporter for vinly before anything else aswell. BUT allow going on like CDJ's will auto cue/beat match and pitch.Doesn't EZ use CDJ's actually? :unsure: Not like I give a damn. But throwin it out there

I'm a supporter for vinly before anything else aswell. BUT allow going on like CDJ's will auto cue/beat match and pitch.Doesn't EZ use CDJ's actually? :unsure: Not like I give a damn. But throwin it out there
ThisYeah he does, alongside the vinyl decks wid a Lappy & Traktor scratch

EZ mainly uses the CDs these days.The reason why CDJs are easier to use is they are digitally accurate so tunes will stay in time when you lock them. Turntables are mechanical and analogous so things need to be 'held' in the mix on occaision, especially if it is a dodgy vinyl pressing.If you want to play something like bashment I would recomment CDJs as they are far superior for the Juggling style. Jungle you can use whatever you like.

EZ mainly uses the CDs these days.The reason why CDJs are easier to use is they are digitally accurate so tunes will stay in time when you lock them. Turntables are mechanical and analogous so things need to be 'held' in the mix on occaision, especially if it is a dodgy vinyl pressing.If you want to play something like bashment I would recomment CDJs as they are far superior for the Juggling style. Jungle you can use whatever you like.
Are u using CD's mainly nowadays aswell? or u still cutting Dubs?

I use CDs these days after turning up at 5 different nightclubs throughout 2009 and them either having: no needles on the decks, decks that haven't been serviced and don't work, NO DECKS AT ALL IN THE ENTIRE VENUEIt's just not worth the hassle. I'd much prefer to use vinyl, either originals or Serato, but nowadays going into a club and seeing turntables is beocming less of a certainty.

Isn't he nowadays lazy, as is he just keeps on pressing a button all the time???Just saying init.Anyway, I'm saying serato, much better and can switch, can use cdjs whenever you want.Vinyl you get to see if you are actually good at mixing or not. Yeah I can mix on cdjs, but they are a lazy format and every club you go to, the djs just drop turns, no mixing or anything or you get EZs new style where you press a button a few hundred times before dropping.Serato>>>>>>>>>>>>buying cdjs.

Isn't he nowadays lazy, as is he just keeps on pressing a button all the time???Just saying init.Anyway, I'm saying serato, much better and can switch, can use cdjs whenever you want.Vinyl you get to see if you are actually good at mixing or not. Yeah I can mix on cdjs, but they are a lazy format and every club you go to, the djs just drop turns, no mixing or anything or you get EZs new style where you press a button a few hundred times before dropping.Serato>>>>>>>>>>>>buying cdjs.
:/