cdj's or decks for jungle/reggae and bashment

Kim

I use CDs these days after turning up at 5 different nightclubs throughout 2009 and them either having: no needles on the decks, decks that haven't been serviced and don't work, NO DECKS AT ALL IN THE ENTIRE VENUEIt's just not worth the hassle. I'd much prefer to use vinyl, either originals or Serato, but nowadays going into a club and seeing turntables is beocming less of a certainty.
No needles you knowPAR'cel force

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use CDs these days after turning up at 5 different nightclubs throughout 2009 and them either having: no needles on the decks, decks that haven't been serviced and don't work, NO DECKS AT ALL IN THE ENTIRE VENUEIt's just not worth the hassle. I'd much prefer to use vinyl, either originals or Serato, but nowadays going into a club and seeing turntables is beocming less of a certainty.
No needles on the decks is quite the norm in most small clubs/bars nowadays. Had to start carring my own before I just thought f*ck it and just made the switch to CD's...

Guest Swiftie
I'm a supporter for vinly before anything else aswell. BUT allow going on like CDJ's will auto cue/beat match and pitch.Doesn't EZ use CDJ's actually? :unsure: Not like I give a damn. But throwin it out there
Isn't he nowadays lazy, as is he just keeps on pressing a button all the time???Just saying init.Anyway, I'm saying serato, much better and can switch, can use cdjs whenever you want.Vinyl you get to see if you are actually good at mixing or not. Yeah I can mix on cdjs, but they are a lazy format and every club you go to, the djs just drop turns, no mixing or anything or you get EZs new style where you press a button a few hundred times before dropping.
:/

No needles on the decks is quite the norm in most small clubs/bars nowadays. Had to start carring my own before I just thought f*ck it and just made the switch to CD's...
This is exactly the reason why I dont take vinyl to clubs anymore unless I am playing old school.

This is exactly the reason why I dont take vinyl to clubs anymore unless I am playing old school.
Ive ripped most of my old school vinyl to mp3 now. tbh i think i have become a bit too comfortable wid CDJ's when before I used to hate the f*ckers!!

Serato is not a means to actually mix. Everyone saying 'buy serato' you will still need to either use it in conjunction with turntables or CDJ units.And playing bashment and reggae you will need CDs.
Guy has decks already, why spend x amount when it would be more viable to splash out on serato or tracktor???

• 1 month later...
jazzy is f*cked... the way my legs were f*cked, i could hardly walk after his set at southport.... smashed it to pieces.
Get me, guys sick. I like djs like that because they are talented, instead of just being lazy people who "dj" in clubs because they think it's cool but have no talent tbh.They are actually djs!!!

in summary cdj's are more convenient, but vinyl decks will show you about proper mixing.
CDJs are sh*t, you forgot to add.Serato + vinyl decks = MOST convenient.If you have talent>>>>>>>>>>Average joel.
:mellow: @ the bold part.I use serato sl3 when Im at clubs and at home I got the Rane TTM57 DJ Mixer for my set up.Vinly decks (technics 1210s) if Im playin hip hop/bashment (scratchin, pull ups etc)CDJs if Im playin House (+16 tempo on pionners is a the only reason, preferably 1000s MK3 or 2000s)In my opinion "you are not a serious club if you dont have decks for vinyl"

Serato and similar = what should be the future of clubs.Not having vinyl decks to me, just automatically makes me think djs who are boring, or just host themselves and press play with a little back spin only play there or get booked.As Jeff says:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR8McH5pe64

jazzy is f*cked... the way my legs were f*cked, i could hardly walk after his set at southport.... smashed it to pieces.
Get me, guys sick. I like djs like that because they are talented, instead of just being lazy people who "dj" in clubs because they think it's cool but have no talent tbh.They are actually djs!!!
So if someone like DJ Tiesto uses CDJ's he's lazy and untalented.I don't like his music but there's a reason a lot of house/techno DJ's use CDJ's. Hearing scratching in a house set would be the worst sh*t ever.

So if someone like DJ Tiesto uses CDJ's he's lazy and untalented.I don't like his music but there's a reason a lot of house/techno DJ's use CDJ's. Hearing scratching in a house set would be the worst sh*t ever.
:/ GOing on like they never did that in the USA in the 80s when they created house.LOL @ thinking a genre of music can only be played a certain way, what restricting bullshizzle are you saying though???Just shut-up!!!/C/S Zeke

:/GOing on like they never did that in the USA in the 80s when they created house.LOL @ thinking a genre of music can only be played a certain way, what restricting bullshizzle are you saying though???Just shut-up!!!/C/S Zeke
Where did you see or hear about this? Provide evidence to back up this claim.Because house djing came from disco djs in the 70's through to the 80's. Never heard anything about Larry Levan scratching.

Back up???When did I say I am backing up old times???If you want info, look on google/youtube and find the videos of what the house guys used to do.I'm saying LOL @ YOU for only thinking one dimentional like certain music can be mixed ONLY one way. If that is so, then it would be very bland.Shut-up(When you go to clubs, such as oceana, liquid etc etc, the music is bland due to this and the djs lack of talent)Swear this countries club scene is sh*t when it comes to mixing and music selection.

I don't think you understood what I was saying. You seem confused. I wanted you to back up your assertion that:"GOing on like they never did that in the USA in the 80s when they created house."with clear evidence of this, because I think your chatting absolute sh*t.You never provided any evidence for this statement and I can't find any of video on google/youtube which shows "what the house guys used to do.", instead you posted a video of from 2008 or suttin, with a hip-hop DJ scratching.