Should Tony Blair and George Bush be tried for war crimes?

Steven

According to Nick Griffin, Tony Blair and George Bush should be put on trial under war crimes for waging war against the muslim world (lol) and for the occupation and invasion of land that never posed any intelligence-backed threat to them.The Nazi leaders were put on trial at Nuremberg for war crimes of the same anture on a larger scale.What is your opinion on this? Agree or disagree?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

George Bush and Tony Blair should be on trial for a LOT of things.This one one of them, yes.Considering:The war was not Sanctioned by the UN, and therefore Illegal.Torturing prisoners & suspectsMurderIll-treatment of POWsDestruction of many homes, buildings, cities of IraqAll the above come under the LAW for what is chargable as a warcrime

I could not give a f*ck what Nick Griffin says as many other people have been saying this for time and they should be charged and put on trial for there war crimes

'You've got blood on your hands': Father of dead soldier refuses to shake Blair's hand after memorial to Britain's fallen heroesA father’s grief and anger boiled over yesterday when he came face to face with the man he blames for his son’s death.Tony Blair offered his hand to Peter Brierley during a reception following a service at St Paul’s to commemorate the dead of the Iraq war.‘Don’t you dare,’ roared Mr Brierley. ‘You have my son’s blood on your hands.’article-1219241-06C41B64000005DC-348_634x388.jpgDevilish BlairThree of the former Prime Minister’s bodyguards sprang into action, ushering away a visibly shocked Mr Blair, who had earlier been criticised during the service by the Archbishop of Canterbury.But 59-year-old Mr Brierley, whose son Shaun died in the run-up to Iraq, was not finished.Blair's signatureBlair's signature adorns a programme he signed for an Iraq veteran during the reception at London GuildhallHe told the Daily Mail: ‘As far as I am concerned that man is a war criminal. I can’t bear to be in the same room as him. I cannot believe he’s been allowed to come to this reception.‘I sat through that service listening to people preaching to me about tolerance but I don’t think anyone should be forced to tolerate being in the same room as him.‘He has made £14million on the back of taking us to war and they are now talking about making him president of the EU.‘But I believe he’s got the blood of my son – and all of the other men and women who died in that war – on his hands.’During the St Paul’s service Dr Rowan Williams had criticised ‘policy makers’ for failing to consider the cost of the Iraq conflict at a ceremony to commemorate the end of British operations.He used his address to the Queen, the Prince of Wales, leading politicians and 2,000 servicemen and their families to remind them that the conflict remained highly controversial.He said: ‘Many people of my generation and younger grew up doubting whether we should ever see another straightforward international conflict, fought by a standing army with conventional weapons.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...l#ixzz0UaLyWUe3

Guest Esquilax

dont agree with the war but allow parents blaming blair for their kids death, they put themselves in that positionlike saying a kid falls off his bike and the parents blame the bike

I think true war criminals are the Hitler/Slobodan Milošević types. They ordered the deaths of thousands of people.Bush and Blair wanted to start the Iraq war for 2 reasons1 - to get rid of Sadam Hussain.2 - to rape Iraq of its natural resources as well as creating a new economy for U.S/UK businesses.Although lots of innocent people have died, its not like Bush and Blair sat there pointing out houses to bomb. All the innocent people that have died have either been by mistake (pilots bombing wrong areas) or crimes by soldiers acting alone. Any reasonable person will know that Bush and Blair only wanted Iraqi soldiers and Hussain dead.Bush & Blair didn't really commit any crimes. They lied to get what they wanted, thats all.

I think true war criminals are the Hitler/Slobodan Milošević types. They ordered the deaths of thousands of people.Bush and Blair wanted to start the Iraq war for 2 reasons1 - to get rid of Sadam Hussain.2 - to rape Iraq of its natural resources as well as creating a new economy for U.S/UK businesses.Although lots of innocent people have died, its not like Bush and Blair sat there pointing out houses to bomb. All the innocent people that have died have either been by mistake (pilots bombing wrong areas) or crimes by soldiers acting alone. Any reasonable person will know that Bush and Blair only wanted Iraqi soldiers and Hussain dead.Bush & Blair didn't really commit any crimes. They lied to get what they wanted, thats all.
you lost about 40% of the respect i had for you with what you said above .. u probably dont care but i thought id tell u newayas for the question i strongly answer yes...and its a shame that its got to the point where it will only get headlines cos Nick Griffin says it...

You say they did not commit crimes but they lied to go to war which they knew was going to kill thousands of innocent women and children and raped the land of its resources but because men in suits done it you see it as okayThey knew the consequences of there actions but you seem to think they did not know and just wanted to get Saddam when they performed 'shock and awe' on the capital on the first day of warYou seem bare gullible thinking it was okay for them to lie to you to go to war but dont think they will lie to you about other big things which yuo seem to suck up

also smh at comparing it with Nazi leaders. ell oh ell.
It was a famous example of leaders being tried for war crimes.And regardless, Bush and Blair went into Iraq and raided that bitch.
I realise this just funny to hear it coming from the BNP party of all people, still amazes why the british media give people like them the time of day.And we needed oil what else was we supposed to do.

Brandnew/Thun,All I'm saying, is that your quick to talk about putting people up for war crimes, yet- you will happily wear a Nike t-shirt that was made by thousands of abused children- you will happily put petrol in your car, the same petrol that war criminals Blair and Bush gave to BP to exploit.- you will happily eat bananas while browsing VIP2, picked by thousands of abused kids in Brazil.- you will be quick to flash your UK passport while coming back from Napa the same UK passport that has slogans from the colonial empire where thousands on innocent people were murdered.You take a photo of your living room and I could probably show you 20 items that are the wonderful fruits of goverment/army/corporate murder.LOL @ your arguments being invalid from the second your using Microsoft Windows and typing on HP keyboards.

Streets is right though, Everyone wants to sit and have an opinion about right and wrong yet practically every user on here is fashion obsessed, you know how much those kids get paid for those designer garms you people are spending £100s on! Don't throw stones from your glass house!Very sad TBHShouldn't have gone to war in the first place but it did, each and every soldier knew the risks, the chances of them coming back alive, let alone unharmed where slim.When they recruited for 16yr olds quite a few guys from my school left school and joined the army - Now they are some f*cked up people emotionally. The stories they have told the rest of us are horrifying about young kids shooting at them and having to run them over to save there own lifes etc. Its just a f*cked up place out there.