Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dubby

A few bank questions

3 posts in this topic

Okay, so I've got a £1800 instalment due for my student accommodation on Saturday. In my NatWest student account I have £1300. Now I've transferred £600 from my Citibank savings account today to my student one, but it didn't go through when I checked my internet balance (on the Natwest account - it had gone on the Citibank account).So...a few questions:-how long does it take for a bank transfer to go through?-with student accounts do you automatically get your interest-free overdraft? or do you have to activate it?and while we're here-what's the difference between a Lloyds Islamic student account and a regular Lloyds student account?I'm aware this isn't a bank or financial advisory forum, but I jus wanna know if I'm gonna be paying interest or something

Unless you ask to do a telegraphic transfer from one bank to another, which is a transfer that hits the next account straight away, it usually takes 3-5 working days to get to whichever bank it needs to go to.Student bank account, I think u automatically get your interest free overdraft. Not 100%, but with some banks like Abbey, i think the overdraft limit increases every year. Every bank works a bit different than the other, esp with student accounts.And that Lloyds one, no clue.

islamic bank accounts usually will not charge interest or pay interest, i think giving or receiving is not allowed in islam. Or will pay interest and call it something else like a reward.