Is this racism?

NO SUNSHINE

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/art...ouple-dining.do
03a-24-couple-415.jpgA student and his girlfriend are outraged after being called a “black couple” on their receipt by staff at a London pub.Johnson Abraham, 24, and Roxanne Duhur, 21, claim they were the only couple dining when they received their bill at the Slug and Lettuce in Islington Green.Mr Abraham, a mechanical engineering student from Dalston, was at the pub last month with Ms Duhur to celebrate her new job as an estate agent.They ordered at the bar, without a table number, before going upstairs to find a seat. When they went to pay for the meal the comment “upstairs blk couple” was printed on the bill.Mr Abraham said: “I was outraged. They wouldn't have written white couple'. I do class it as racism. It spoiled what should have been a celebration.”Slug and Lettuce area manager Nick O'Donnell said: “We often put a note on orders to help reduce the chances of it being sent to the wrong table."I agree the language was inappropriate. I apologise for the upset caused.”Mr O'Donnell offered the couple a free meal with champagne, but Mr Abraham said: “I want an apology. The manager apologised but the waitress hasn't.”

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

people never ever wanna say the black woman/man outloudtheres always some awkward description of everything about the person, we all kno there was only one black person in the roombut on the other hand they could have jus put what they were wearing or some sh*t like that