Weekend Football Topic

Sleepz

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DARREN FLETCHER says he is being punished by referees because of Arsene Wenger's comments about him in September.The Manchester United ace was penalised by Martin Atkinson for the free-kick which led to Chelsea's goal on Sunday.He rapped: "We are starting to see Mr Wenger's comments beginning to influence referees which is a shame."Arsenal boss Wenger accused United of playing 'anti-football' after his team lost at Old Trafford earlier in the season.And he said one player was constantly fouling but getting away with it. That was widely assumed to be Fletcher - even though Wenger did not name names.But the Scottish midfielder, 25, reckons it has affected the way he has been judged ever since.Fletcher was fuming after his challenge on Ashley Cole resulted in a free-kick which resulted in Chelsea's 76th-minute winner at Stamford Bridge.He said: "Now we have to raise our game and ensure these decisions are not affecting the match."It was clearly not a foul. I knew at the time and I have watched it again on the replay."I back-heeled the ball and Cole just jumps up in the air and the ref gives a foul."
wenger.jpg_45688462_wenger_av512.jpg

The worse thing is Wenger was playing mindgames with the officials and it worked if fergie had been doing the same thing certain quarters of the media would've branded him the offspring of Satan. i cant even laugh at the scousers anymore its like in South park when Cartman buss his funny fuse and just couldnt laugh anymore. I'll probably start laughing at them again after the beat Chelsea 3-1 then go on to lose/drop points to Wolves or Portsmouth or some shitty team like that.