Got a Poppy ?

Mr. Gayle

Bill served in the RAF during the Second World War, and was involved in clandestine operations behind the lines on D-Day. Now, however, over 60 years on, Bill suffers from tinnitus and deafness, which he feels is as a result of his time in the Services. Back in 1994, we helped him to get the War Pension he really deserved, and also got him a hearing aid. The local Legion welfare worker even went with him to get it fitted. More recently, Bill's wife has sadly been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, and he was finding it really hard to take care of her. Luckily, we were able to help him find the best place for her to be taken care of. Bill says now, "Without the Legion I do not know what I would have done when my wife fell ill. The Legion made all the difference at a very difficult time".
http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/about-us/who-we-helpthe poppy appeal is run by the royal british legion
Who we helpThe Royal British Legion helps people of all ages and backgrounds. To be eligible for our help, you must have served in the Forces for at least 7 days, or be the dependant of someone who has served. It really is that simple. Some examples of people we have helped recently are below.
dno whats ignorant about that
its common sense really, with the ww2 dying out from old age, naturally all the money will start going onto the more recent wars.
There is more people still alive here that fought in WW2 than there is that have died in Iraq so far.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The majority of the people that went to fight in Iraq believed that they were there to stop a dictator who possibly had weapons of mass destruction. Often soldiers are lied to but that is not their fault. Aim your anger towards the government. Not at the soldiers.When a civilian gets injured the allied hospitality response is ASAP. The job they do out there is fantastic. I can spare some money for an 18 year old british soldier that gets their legs blown off by a mine.
C/S. Soldiers are nothing more than pawns.
c/\s

The majority of the people that went to fight in Iraq believed that they were there to stop a dictator who possibly had weapons of mass destruction. Often soldiers are lied to but that is not their fault. Aim your anger towards the government. Not at the soldiers.When a civilian gets injured the allied hospitality response is ASAP. The job they do out there is fantastic. I can spare some money for an 18 year old british soldier that gets their legs blown off by a mine.I can understand your point about Ireland considering you are Irish or whatever. I had an uncle in the British army that left during that period because he thought what he was fighting for was bullshit. But I diagree about the point regarding the soldiers that went to Iraq and Afghanistan.
Fair post.Just to clarify, I have put money in the boxes in the past.

IF YOU CAN'T SPARE A POUND NEXT TIME YOUR IN A CORNER SHOP AND YOU SEE THE POPPY THING.YOUR A c*nt.
Some ppl just donate and dont wear it as its a british symbol of empire, wearing one demonstrates nothing only your affinity with anglophilia and the british army
I KNOW BRO I DIDN'T SAY YOU HAVE TO WEAR IT STILL.PEOPLE WHO CAN'T PUT MONEY IN CHARITY BOXES ARE CUNTS.

Guest PROFIT2

bit off point butwhen i was at school 2 slags ran this charity thing for breast cancer...made up the whole charity fake f*ckin docs for school and all sorts got nabbed when one teacher who had cancer looked into iti know its dumb but it sort of put me of charitys for some reason i just think f*ck knows were that p will end up.

Guest luckstar

i was grossly offended when asked to buy a popppyi mite pin an opium poppy on my chest for some symbolismhow about giving a f*ck about a relevant modern day conflict in which innocents are dying

i was grossly offended when asked to buy a popppyi mite pin an opium poppy on my chest for some symbolismhow about giving a f*ck about a relevant modern day conflict in which innocents are dying
how about giving a f*ck about people who fought in a war so that minorities like you can live here freely.dun know hitler would have had a field day with you afghans

Guest PROFIT2
how about giving a f*ck about people who fought in a war so that minorities like you can live here freely.dun know hitler would have had a field day with you afghans
smh are you f*ckin serious?

get meit was minorities like HIM who was fighting to keep this country safesome bullshit statement

Guest PROFIT2

we'd all be f*cked what u on about?as a result yes minorities can live here but dont kid yourself that would have been the last thing on their mindsit was a get involved or suck a nazi d*ck vibe nothing else.

get meit was minorities like HIM who was fighting to keep this country safesome bullshit statement
im not disputing that.but think to yourself how f*ckry this nation would be if germany won the war.
So you're thanking minorities like him for helping to prevent that? I don't really understand your post.

Guest PROFIT2

we'd all be f*cked what u on about?as a result yes minorities can live here but dont kid yourself that would have been the last thing on their mindsit was a get involved or suck a nazi d*ck vibe nothing else.

Guest TimeBomb

the minorities of this country were the first guys gettin mowed down by the german machine guns, the 1s who survived were sent back to their villages with nothing.The soldiers from the colonies werent even eligible for pension.

im not disputing that.but think to yourself how f*ckry this nation would be if germany won the war.
the point is a lot of different nations fought for this country

Guest TimeBomb
the minorities of this country were the first guys gettin mowed down by the german machine guns, the 1s who survived were sent back to their villages with nothing.The soldiers from the colonies werent even eligible for pension.
well ive read alot into the algerians and moroccans who fought for france againt the nazis, and im aware it was similar with the british colonies.Algerian troops were the first ever victims of chemical weapons when nazis dropped nerve gas on them.This is a very good film about it...indigenes.jpg

So you're thanking minorities like him for helping to prevent that? I don't really understand your post.
its about thanking EVERYONE who fought in the war, thats what wearing a poppy is all about. When did i say only white british fought in the war? People fought for the freedoms which so many people take for granted today.Its really not that hard to understand.

well ive read alot into the algerians and moroccans who fought for france againt the nazis, and im aware it was similar with the british colonies.Algerian troops were the first ever victims of chemical weapons when nazis dropped nerve gas on them.This is a very good film about it...indigenes.jpg
British colonies fought for britain long before WW2.in the american war of independance there were actually more black people (from colonies) fighting for britain than there were african americans fighting for america

Guest PROFIT2
its about thanking EVERYONE who fought in the war, thats what wearing a poppy is all about. When did i say only white british fought in the war? People fought for the freedoms which so many people take for granted today.Its really not that hard to understand.
but the contributions only go to the British legion and the poppys are to remember the British soldiers who died thats it.

but the contributions only go to the British legion and the poppys are to remember the British soldiers who died thats it.
Took the words from my mouth.