Nani "I was told I would get screwed by Rooney not Fergie"

TF S4DK

NANI gambled with his Manchester United future last night, as he lifted the lid on Sir Alex Ferguson's explosive Old Trafford man-management.The Portugal star pulled no punches in a revealing interview that will leave boss Fergie seething.Nani's astonishing tirade could spell the beginning of the end for a player who has failed to emerge from the shadow of Cristiano Ronaldo.It is clear the 23-year-old has reached the end of his tether. And in a no-holds-barred outburst, Nani revealed how:He has felt the withering force of Fergie's infamous hairdryer rage.He is frustrated at being omitted from big-game starting line-ups.He believes promises have not been kept.Nani also admitted that Fergie's selection policy has left him baffled and his confidence shot to pieces.He insists he has no plans to leave United, though it remains to be seen what Fergie thinks after this stunning flare-up.In an interview with Portuguese newspaper 'I', Nani said: "Ferguson is a very complicated man."He's tough. If things are all right, then they are all right. But when he thinks something is wrong, everything is screwed."He can go from complimenting you to just plain trashing you in a matter of minutes. Has it happened to me? Hell, yes! He'll say 'Nani, how could you miss this or this'?"At least the winger, who has flattered to deceive in his United career so far, accepted that Red Devils legends such as Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville also get it square in the neck from a fair Fergie.He added: "He shouts at players in front of everyone. No one escapes, everybody is the same. Giggs and Neville suffer most, because they have more experience. It is 'F**k' here and 'F**k' there."In the past, Ferguson has ruthlessly ditched players who spoke out of turn.NaniFRUSTRATION ... Nani has been left kicking his heelsNo sooner had Dutch defender Jaap Stam published a controversial autobiography in 2001 than Ferguson flogged him to Lazio for £16.5million.Two years later, David Beckham was sent packing to Real Madrid after a hugely-publicised spat with the Scot.Even Roy Keane quit in December 2005 to join Celtic for the last six months of his playing career, after going public with his criticism of the team - a move that left Fergie fuming.Nani's inconsistent and disappointing form will not help win him any sympathy from the manager.After Ronaldo left United for Real Madrid in an £80m switch 4½ months ago, it was thought Nani would deliver on the early promise that had convinced Fergie to splash around £16m to nab him from Sporting Lisbon in July 2007.Nani admitted: "People expect more from me and it's not easy. But they are also not doing what they said they were going to."I know it would be better if I scored more goals."I can have a spectacular game but nobody guarantees me I will be starting the next match. It shatters your confidence."I did not play the important matches, against Liverpool, Manchester City or Tottenham. Not playing these games, I am a bit sad. But for now I am not considering leaving."Nani had a terrific start to the season. He blasted United into the lead in the Community Shield tussle with Chelsea, which the Blues won on penalties.Yet he has flitted in and out of the team since then.He has scored only one more goal, in the 5-0 thrashing of Wigan, and made a total of 13 appearances.Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2725671/Nani-hits-out-at-Sir-Alex-Ferguson.html#ixzz0WbpeShOl

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what have i been sayingSNM

Cant afford to carry him till he finds his form. he needs to be off the mindset that when he gets a chance he has to grab it. if Fergie played him and he kept underperforming and it cost us matches Fergie would be criticsized for it. no win situation, No one comes to United and is gaurenteed games especially if their form is not deserving of one. I understand the whole arguement about him needing games but he needs to show that he is worthy of a place in the team, and when he gets a little run he doesnt look convincing.its a shame as he undoubtedly is a very technicly gifted player, but he is not suited to United or the set uphe wouldn't even be in the first 11 at Villa, hows he expecting to be a shoe in at United. Get your head down and take your chance when the opporttunity arrisesif he wants a run of 90 minutes chuck him in the reserves for a piece it worked for Anderson, however Nani's attitude tells me he wouldnt react to it in the same way Ando did.

Tbh all I got from that interview was 'Fergie>>>>>>>'I wonder if Valencia would consider him as part of the deal, I doubt it somehow..Tbh Nani has a poor attitude anywayOn the pitch he displays the kind of stuff I don't want to see at OT, that sneaky continental behaviorIts a shame really, I do think a run in the reserves would do him well but due to his pride he would chafe at the idea+'The Sun' + International Break = Bullshit stories like this

Also thing with Nani isIf he eventually had a wondrous season with us, he would soon be off to SpainOr failing that marvellous season when we eventually sell him to a club in spainHe will MURK over thereSmiliar to the Forlan situationHe'll go there and be considered one of the top wingers in Europe playing for Atheltico, Villareal or ValenciaThe thing is can we get a decent trade/price for him when he goes

he wouldn't even be in the first 11 at Villa, hows he expecting to be a shoe in at United. Get your head down and take your chance when the opporttunity arrisesif he wants a run of 90 minutes chuck him in the reserves for a piece it worked for Anderson, however Nani's attitude tells me he wouldnt react to it in the same way Ando did.
come off itand he has been doing that, granted you cant play well everygame, but even when he does.. he'll get taken off instead of valencia and wont start next match... might not even be in the squad.. hes been going through all that without saying nothing, so i cant blame him tbh

Tbh all I got from that interview was 'Fergie>>>>>>>'I wonder if Valencia would consider him as part of the deal, I doubt it somehow..Tbh Nani has a poor attitude anywayOn the pitch he displays the kind of stuff I don't want to see at OT, that sneaky continental behaviorIts a shame really, I do think a run in the reserves would do him well but due to his pride he would chafe at the idea+'The Sun' + International Break = Bullshit stories like this
This is quite frankly the main reason why i cant stand the guy and have no time for him because even if i was to ignore the fact that i believe he just wont ever fit in properly at United his Attitude stinks the way he left the ground early when he got sent of against West Ham a couple seasons ago was disgracefull, Fergie came out an gave him a telling off about it but tried to shrug it off as a young player being immature but then he did the same thing and left at Half time against SpursPlayers have got alot of stick in the past for maybe not being good enough, and for me thats not a good enough reason to get on a players back, as long as their attitude and application is on point and they're giving 100% i've got time for them. The only serving United players i've ever had a problem with are Nani, Rio and Kieran Richardson for the reasons stated above
he wouldn't even be in the first 11 at Villa, hows he expecting to be a shoe in at United. Get your head down and take your chance when the opporttunity arrisesif he wants a run of 90 minutes chuck him in the reserves for a piece it worked for Anderson, however Nani's attitude tells me he wouldnt react to it in the same way Ando did.
come off itand he has been doing that, granted you cant play well everygame, but even when he does.. he'll get taken off instead of valencia and wont start next match... might not even be in the squad.. hes been going through all that without saying nothing, so i cant blame him tbh
Milner and Young are alot better suited to our league than Nani will ever bei'm not saying their better players pound for pound but they have the attributes to be successfull here,its already been mentioned in here and i've said it many times he will be a very good player in anpother league but not this one.Valencia has been better than Nani this season, and also when your coming towards the end of a game you need a player with a bit of get up and go, and where Valencia is quite 1 dimensional the 1 dimension he has works at times. I've said it before when we're one down in a big game You wont hear any United fans calling for fergie to bring Nani on coz they think he'll change the game, Sunday proved alot when Obertan was in the squad ahead of him.wingers/wide players with great determination and who take players on >>>> Nani has excellent delivery at times but its sporadic and his decision making which people said would improve with time hasn't he needs to be ofloaded so he can rebuild his career in a league he is better suited to.and on the subject of being brought off in a game, if a player is ineffective he should expect to be brought off, unless he has a track record of having seemingly terrible games before switching it up and doing somthing to get the team the win.Nani is still living off his performance agianst Arsenal "reserves" in the Fa Cup a couple season backsince then he's made an excellent performance coming of the Bench away to Lyon and apart from that he's done f*ck all.

To be honest Fergie does it, Ronaldo, Rooney, Fletcher, O'shea are just a few examples in recent years I'm sure if Nani had the attitude of Park, He have more supporters among the fans and the management, but i agree sometimes its a case where a player has to prove somthing, and now is one of those times same way when Evra first came he wasnt playing well or getting a run of games, but when he got a chance he took it. the opportunity is there for all players, it pisses me off to hear "ohh he nneds a run off games" like say he has some divine right to play when he aint producing the goods or doesnt even look likely to. said it before Obertan will be ahead of him in the pecking order before Christmas anyway. (and before anyone jumps on the comment its got nothing to do with talent its to do with style)

Lol @ some of the comments.SAF knows Nani aint the type of player that can be left out of the team for 3 games then expected to play @ the required level on request.Neither is he the type of player that will happily sit on the bench and do a job when asked (ala o'shea, park and fletcher way back when).Whether going into soo much depth was a good idea will have to wait and see. But players like Nani should be wrapped in cotton wool (c/s YM) because on his day he's easily our best winger.And to put it all in perspective when I go to games its odd hearing how much stick Nani gets when he tries things and they flop. Especially when you consider how mediocre players like Berbs have been since joining us.

And to put it all in perspective when I go to games its odd hearing how much stick Nani gets when he tries things and they flop.
This is one thing I agree with that I dislike.Tbh If you consider Berbatov to have been mediocre, then you can't think Nani has been anything other than Woeful.

LOL @ Nani not completing 3 games in a row since his 1st seasonI memba every1 slewing Ronaldo at 1st..He only got good the season b4 the world cup, then they wanted 2 lynch him after the wink but he was so good they had 2 shut up.. now they are using Nani 2get back 4 the winking incidentSMH @ this treatment Nani is recieveing from the coach, the fans & the media..

man united are a big club, theres no time for arm round the shoulder if u want that go play for tottenhamnani has talent but he aint given SAF one reason why, he should start in a game like liverpool away etci mean come on if ur playin e.g chelsea away do u go with nani?its just to much of a gamble the chances of him being less than effective r much greater than him puttin in a great performancehe needs to look at himselfif ur good enough u play at man u no question about it

tbh most people hate him because hes portuguese all that ronaldo hate from 06 has to be transfered to someone

LOL @ Nani not completing 3 games in a row since his 1st seasonI memba every1 slewing Ronaldo at 1st..He only got good the season b4 the world cup, then they wanted 2 lynch him after the wink but he was so good they had 2 shut up.. now they are using Nani 2get back 4 the winking incidentSMH @ this treatment Nani is recieveing from the coach, the fans & the media..
Quite frankly Ronaldo didn't get any stick of United fans after the winking incident Lol at thinking that United fans generally give a sh*t about Englandpeople slewed Ronaldo about him having no end product in his first few seasons, but the difference is as i've said before he brought excitement to the game and so he got his blyNani doesn't even do this