Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dubby

Programmer mandem

16 posts in this topic

Okay so I'm in uni and about ready to fail this course (I'm not at that grade yet but I'm on the borderline). Not the book we have is sh*t, the lecturer is good but it's not easy to understand him straight away and he leaves out a lot of his explanation from the slides he puts online. Now I make notese here and there but they don't seem to fill in the gaps.From friends' experiences they've told me that they always get told to buy books that are crap in comparison to other books that are on the market, however these guys have been learning Java, so.. yeah, I didn't know where else to ask so I came here.So... can you guys recommend a good textbook or some sort of reference book to help me learn C?

Exactly^If your doing C++ I suggest this, its pretty user friendly compared to others.0763771562.jpg

Cool, there is a C for Dummies available as well so I'll give that a download and see if it's good, and probably buy if it is (£10-15 is a decent price to prevent the eyestrain from looking at a computer for longer than needed)

llow buying the books, theres tonnes of ebook sites out there if u bother searching.try flazx

I'd second the ebook suggestion - there must be a Sam's "Learn C in 24 hours" book.The best way to learn is to play - C is a bit more low level than Java and .net code and consequentially a little more involved - but when I was a uni I struggled with java and got on quite well with C, purely because it has less packages to work with, and its all about thinking about a computer and hacking things together.Give me a shout if you need any help. I program in C# these days, but these skills are transferable aye

Anyone here do C++? Im stuck on a piece of code, just need some advice.

Anyone here do C++? Im stuck on a piece of code, just need some advice.
I am but I cannot help you I'm sure of it lol.

lOL @ C++I just wanted that 40% in that module tbh.

lol, I'm on that 40% ish as well, it's a bit slack that I'm already on that percentage as an average, but at least I'm not failingwhat's a good forum to post up code to to figure out what's wrong with your code?

aite, can you guys just explain to me how 'getchar' and 'calloc' functions work, just haven't understood properly and book explanations aren't working, I'm pretty sure they're the same in C++

Get samm's learn c++ in 21 days or learn c in 21 daysbut once you've learned c++, you've learned 90 % of c and other programming languages

okay, Sam's Learn C in 21 Days was coolanyone know a good textbook for explaining algorithms?

Anyone got any good books to teach me Haskell and Verilog?