Programmer mandem

Dubby

Okay so I'm in uni and about ready to fail this course (I'm not at that grade yet but I'm on the borderline). Not the book we have is sh*t, the lecturer is good but it's not easy to understand him straight away and he leaves out a lot of his explanation from the slides he puts online. Now I make notese here and there but they don't seem to fill in the gaps.From friends' experiences they've told me that they always get told to buy books that are crap in comparison to other books that are on the market, however these guys have been learning Java, so.. yeah, I didn't know where else to ask so I came here.So... can you guys recommend a good textbook or some sort of reference book to help me learn C?

I'd second the ebook suggestion - there must be a Sam's "Learn C in 24 hours" book.The best way to learn is to play - C is a bit more low level than Java and .net code and consequentially a little more involved - but when I was a uni I struggled with java and got on quite well with C, purely because it has less packages to work with, and its all about thinking about a computer and hacking things together.Give me a shout if you need any help. I program in C# these days, but these skills are transferable aye

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...