Hughes and Maradona make me wanna quit ball

TF S4DK

Manchester City and Argentina striker Carlos Tevez has admitted that he is considering retirement because of fatigue.Ahead of Saturday's friendly with Spain, the 25-year-old has fallen behind the likes of Gonzalo Higuain in national boss Diego Maradona's plans after stuttering in World Cup qualifying.Tevez confesses that, despite his young age, he thinks about hanging up his boots for club and country in order to rest and spend time with his family.He said: "It's complicated, there's my family, the desire to return to Boca Juniors, but I think about it. It crosses my mind to hang up my boots if we win the World Cup, although I have a contract (with City) until 2014.Ill will"I'm a bit tired of so much football. I want to enjoy my family a bit. I'm very keen to stop and get a bit of calm. I've already won a lot. Living for football has saturated me."Regarding his place in Argentina's first team, he said: "My chance passed. I had my possibility and I couldn't take advantage of it. When the team needed goals I couldn't provide them."So it's logical that other lads should be in front of me."Tevez has also hit back at critics of Argentina after it was suggested that members of the squad do not give 100 per cent at international level.He said: "We were criticised a lot, sometimes rightly so, but to have people say we didn't play well because of the money or we don't love the (Argentina) shirt, don't sing the national anthem, there's a lot of ill will."
CARLOS TEVEZ last night stunned Manchester City by revealing he wants to retire from football.The Argie, 25, insisted he was TIRED of the beautiful game and will hang up his boots if he wins the World Cup next summer.Tevez has grown disillusioned with football and reckons his inability to speak English is making it impossible for him to stay in the Premier League.Argentina's struggle to qualify for next summer's finals has also played a major part in Tev's nightmare.The Eastlands ace desperately wants to spend more time with his family.He said: "I have a contract with Man City until 2014, but I am thinking of retiring if Argentina win the World Cup."I am tired of football, really tired. I want to enjoy my family, to stop and have some quiet in my life. I have already won a lot. I am exhausted."I have lived in England for four years and I can't say a word in English."Even my daughter talks in English! At night she asks me to tell her a story, and I have to invent one, but she laughs at me."But I am happy in England. I play golf after the training sessions and that relaxes me. And I spend as much time as I can with my wife and daughter."Tevez endured a nightmare World Cup qualifying campaign under Diego Maradona as Argentina took until the final game before sneaking into the last automatic spot for South Africa.He said the pressures on the side and Maradona made him think long and hard about his future.The £28million hitman, speaking to Argentine newspaper Ole, said: "I have had my opportunities in the national team and I didn't play well."When the team needs goals, you have to score, and I couldn't do it. And if you don't score behind you there are others who can do it better than you."Argentina works like that. And it is perfect because there is no crown for anyone. But it is complicated for me, because I don't like to be a back-up."But Diego is right, my moment has passed. I played many games and I was not useful for the team and that is clear for me, I know that.Advertisement"I am still going to work really hard and pressure the other strikers. I am not going to let the World Cup pass. I want to stay in the squad and I am going to kill myself even more."But I am still the people's player, because I have never received any insult from the fans."I thought about quitting the squad because other people criticised us with malice. They said that we played because of the money."They said we didn't love the shirt, or they even said we didn't sing the anthem before the games. We didn't do that with our former coach and we won against everyone!"That is why I asked myself why should I play on because if we win or lose it's the same for these people."There is dishonesty in Argentina. The situation there is hard. My dad works there and he tells me that it is complicated to live there."The thieves kill you for nothing. And the rich people become more rich and the poor people become poorer."Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2729553/Tired-Tevez-hopes-to-quit.html#ixzz0Wn81UiL1

confidence seems battered

Guest Tulse Hill

Fair play, I Agree with himFootballers are asked too much physically, I hope he takes a year out and comes back - he needs itCarlos is probally best box to box striker in the world, he could bang in 20 goals a season but he physically can't do it considering his style of play, was once the greatest young talent but due to english demands he's burn outCome back to your best carlos,

Fair play, I Agree with himFootballers are asked too much physically, I hope he takes a year out and comes back - he needs itCarlos is probally best box to box striker in the world, he could bang in 20 goals a season but he physically can't do it considering his style of play, was once the greatest young talent but due to english demands he's burn outCome back to your best carlos,
lol