Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Desire

Best UK mobile network?

37 posts in this topic

HI I want to buy one of those sim only contracts and just cop a phone sim free/unlocked, think I will go for the new blackberry bold but what network should I go with? I have been with t-mobile for as long as I can remember and fancy a change. Thinking about going on o2 for their simplicity 20 package which is 800 mins 1600 texts and free Blackberry bolt-on. Only concern is that I have been reading that o2 3g coverage is terrible, but thats mostly if your out in the sticks, I will be using mine in and around London. Can anyone with a 3g phone in London tell me what the o2 coverage is like?

Got two O2 simplicity contracts and i'm happs. Used one with the iPhone 3G and 3GS and had no 3G internet problems. The only thing I hate O2 is that you cant have voicemail AND missed call notifer active at the same time, that and sometimes I get missed calls when I blatently have my phone on, in front of me with full network coverage.Other then that, go for it

Got two O2 simplicity contracts and i'm happs. Used one with the iPhone 3G and 3GS and had no 3G internet problems. The only thing I hate O2 is that you cant have voicemail AND missed call notifer active at the same time, that and sometimes I get missed calls when I blatently have my phone on, in front of me with full network coverage.Other then that, go for it
Thanks for the feedback, really helpful

never realy had any prblems with o2, been with them 6+ years

tesco pay monthly unlimited is £30 for unlimited calls and texts£500 caphavent tried it tho

yea thats a good deal tbhand plus you wont re\lly need 3G on the BB's because the EGDE on that phone is good

I am gonna go to simplicity. Once my contract runs out.

I dunno, but that T-Mob G2 deal I got from BuyMobilePhones just paid £110 into my account the other day, so essentially the deal I got was better than any O2 deal.

Vodafone is ultimately the best network when it comes to network performance and coverage, and is the biggest as they have most the major corporate customers. but expensive contract deals, but have a good selection of handsets to choose from and very good customer service. (guess u get what u pay for)O2 is probably next for the largest consumer subscriber (thanks to the Iphone esp) and decent coverage and decent handset range, tarriffs aren't that great imo.T-mobile also has a large consumer base. Coverage is best in the main major populated areas no good in small towns and foreign place. Hit and miss with handset selection. Probably the best for contract value for money deals very competitive.Orange Slippin, but probably similar to T-mobile tbh. But have the Orange wednesday deals on smash3 Only good if you live in city centres lol. cheapest contract deals.

Been on an o2 PAYG contract for 8 yeard and I'm 19. You do the maths

The only problem i had with O2 3g coverage was to do with the fact that for sum reason it kept ending my calls randomly on my iphone about six months ago, was told to restore my phone, then the problem went away.coverage wise never had 3g problem on O2

tesco pay monthly unlimited is £30 for unlimited calls and texts£500 caphavent tried it tho
How can they say unlimited but then say that there is a fair usage cap of £500. That sounds like a limit to me.

How can they say unlimited but then say that there is a fair usage cap of £500. That sounds like a limit to me.
just like most 'unlimited' broadband providers have a fair usage policy

da f*ck is with all u lot not on t-mob everyone i kno is on t-mob f*ck it everyone in london is on t-mobwhat kind of life is this coming with vodafone. 02 and dat - f*ck outta here

was on t-mobile for 10+ years and switched to O2. very happy.

no body i know is on t-mob....always been a o2 thing out here, from genie days.

da f*ck is with all u lot not on t-mob everyone i kno is on t-mob f*ck it everyone in london is on t-mobwhat kind of life is this coming with vodafone. 02 and dat - f*ck outta here
they are sh*t thats why there cheap i think tbh . . .have the worst phones aswell

they are sh*t thats why there cheap i think tbh . . .have the worst phones aswell
STUPIDEST HYPE EVER2 MONTHS AGO I WAS ON VODAFONE COULD CALL ANYONE WHEN I WANTED TO GOT SIGNAL EVERYWHERE AND INTERNET WORKED EVERYWHEREAFTER GIRLS BITCHING AND MY MAN DEM COMPLAINING I SWITCHED OVER TO T-MOBILE PMSLABSOLUTELY BOLLOX AND EVERY T MOBILE USER KNOWS IT BUT COZ OF 5 DAY PASS ITS HYPECAPS

yh i heard 02 deals are f*ck*ng sick.. few people i know jumped ship over they

no body i know is on t-mob....always been a o2 thing out here, from genie days.
AHHHHH The genie days, those thousands of free texts mmmmm

i can co-sign the tmobile commentvery competitive deals - good promotions on new handsetshandset choice is a bit so socoverage is good in inner city areas and PIE once you go out a bitkinda like 3 but....not so sh*t