Manchester United. The greatest club in the world

Kompressor

MANCHESTER United has banned a host of legends from sitting in the stands at games - while they are representing the club as ambassadors.Seven former stars have been told by United chiefs they are no longer allowed to take up seats at Old Trafford.Instead the group, including Norman Whiteside and Jimmy Greenhoff, are left to watch games on TV in a lounge with no view of the pitch.One former great branded the move pathetic and bewildering. He says the club has threatened to sack old players trying to watch from the stands.The legend, who did not want to be named, said: "They've told them that because they are match day staff and not guests they are not allowed to watch the game."Why would they stop the players watching football? It's pathetic and I don't understand the mentality. They are treating them like schoolchildren."The Reds employ former stars to mix with corporate clients in plush hospitality suites. In previous seasons they have been allowed to take up empty seats before kick off. But they have now been instructed to stay inside before returning to the groups to give their expert opinion.The M.E.N understands the move does not affect stars who work in boxes belonging to club sponsors like Nike and AIG - such as Denis Irwin, Lou Macari and Arthur Albiston. But those who work in suites hired by non-sponsors, such as Alex Stepney, David Sadler, Stuart Pearson, Jimmy Greenhoff, Lee Martin, Norman Whiteside and Frank Stapleton, all miss out.The legend who spoke out believes the move is one of many that is alienating staff at Old Trafford.He said: "It sounds like there's something different every week. I think someone there does not understand football."United officials have said that safety concerns are on of the reasons behind the move because former stars have been blocking gangways.But the legend said: "I don't believe that for a minute. When I've been I've never seen any problems."A United spokesman admitted the change had been made. He said: "Yes, they are not allowed to watch the game any more. There are not enough seats left and previously some have been standing in the gangways."There have been situations where fans have turned up abd they have been in their seats and had to move, so there's been a clampdown. It's just easier to do things this way."A City spokesman said that at Eastlands former Blues heroes who perform similar roles are allowed to watch matches from the stands. He added they are also entitled to bring a guest.They tried doing this a couple years back aswell when Ned Kelly was head of security its all in his book.its a f*ck*ng Joke. It makes me sick the way we treat some of the players form the clubs past the fact that George Best's Family had to sell of alot of memrobillia from his playing career due to fianancial problems is disgracefull.they should have released a George Best DVD and given a percentage of the profits to the family as a good will gesture. but they did nothing they could've even bought the memorbillia of the family and put it in the Mueseum they'd of made their money back that way (coz thats all they think about)Alex Stepney helped us win a European cup and now he's being treated like sh*t Norman Whiteside along with Robbo were arguably our players of the 80's and he's been sh*t on aswell. its a joke

no not really, If my uncle gets onto me with someone with a ticket and i've got the money and Fc aren't playing then i'll go but it doesn't really appeal to me like it used to. even the aways are becoming very Coperate these dayssaying that if i was offered a Leeds, Liverpool or City away i wouldn't hesitate

if Fc United ever played Man United it wouldn't just be a football match it would be more about the mordern face of football vs the traditional face of the game, money Vs passion, real fans vs coperate muppetshowever i take your point and respect it.if you ever manage to get tickets to a united game for a Sunday game and FC are playing at home on the Saturday go to both and you'll see what i mean.

if i cant get united tickets al just go watch the reserves lol
i wasnt saying if you cant get tickets,i was saying you should experience going to both within the 1 weekend and then compare and contrast.might open your eyes to alot of things Not saying buy a season ticket or anything

if i cant get united tickets al just go watch the reserves lol
i wasnt saying if you cant get tickets,i was saying you should experience going to both within the 1 weekend and then compare and contrast.might open your eyes to alot of things Not saying buy a season ticket or anything
yeh but i think back to why it was started? because they were against the glazer take over all seems abit silly to me

it wasn't because of the Glazer takeover that was the straw that broke the camels back the idea had been talked about since the 90'stheres a million and one reasons for traditional supporters to have become disolusioned(sp)
so what do fc united supporters think of united supporters, the team, the clubdo they hate us or dont they care what happens at united at all? or is there stil abit of lovecoz i just could never bring myself to support no1 else over united spesh when were still the most succesfull club in britain

Sorryfor the essay in advanceI would say all FC United Fans still follow United and want them to do well and watch the games albeit the majority just aren't willing to pay their hard earned money to a club and owners who don't show us or the clubs traditions any respect. There is no hate whatso ever from FC fans towards those that chose to stay everyone made their choice each to their own. thats why if you see any FC united fan he'll invite you along as any United fan welcome whether yo go therejust for a drink and a sing song or because you like watching football matches or you wanna see the team do well its all good.The only thing that pisses me off about some sections of the united support are the ones who are unbelievably against FC as Anderson dun said theres no reason why any football fan should be against the idea of FC united. The only argument you can put against FC and Our supporters is that we're maybe being to Idealistic with our ideas, but if thats a bad thing then so be it. and no offence but this last comment is the reason why OT is f*cked right nowcoz i just could never bring myself to support no1 else over united spesh when were still the most succesfull club in britainso your saying if United were stuggling at the bottom of the league or even got relegated you'd be more likely to follow FC what makes FC so special is because the fans who decided to follow us have given up all the glory and glamour. its never been about how successfull the club is or the danger that "we may never win another trophy again"From when the likes Of Sandy Busby have come out and said this is what his dad would have wanted, 2Olegend donated money and was the patron of ShareholdersUnited. and Giggs and Scholes "reportedly attended game, notto mention Eric Cantona's comments on the club i fully believe we're doing the right thing. Doesn't it piss you off a little that in a season where every other club has either lowered tickets prices or frozen them, Uniteds have risen the fact that in the last couple seasons season tickets have been very easy to come buy and every man and his dog have been receiving e-mails and phonecalls to buy one shows that morepeople are turning their backs on giving the club their coin.

Sorryfor the essay in advanceI would say all FC United Fans still follow United and want them to do well and watch the games what makes FC so special is because the fans who decided to follow us have given up all the glory and glamour.
lol Some bullshit contradiction Kompressor. How the f*ck have they gave up all the Glory and Glamour if they still Support and Follow United aswell. Where do all these FC United fans come from anyways, Swear I don't know a single person in South Manni who talks about or gives a sh*t about the existance of that fake rebel Unit.

To add to Kompressors point, Uniteds ticket prices have risen 43% in the last 8 years I think it is...If you still cant see why they exist then snm
The game changes, Money Talks. United are still on Top of the Game, Still winning Trophies which is what they are suppose to do, Still playing the best and most entertaining Football at times and nobody on this Forum has ever known any different.