When people get confused with your race, nationality, etc ...

LuLu

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been mistaken for Nigerian a few timesRemember in my old workplace when one randon customer came up to and starting speaking to me in his language...I was baffled...and when I couldnt understand what he was saying he looked at me as if i was crazy for not understanding him..then he asked me 'Do I speak Yoruba?'..I said nothen he laughed and said 'Sorry, Sorry...I thought you were Nigerian'

when i was ber young people would think i was mixed raced she used to get vex when old white women with mixraced gransons/grandaughters came up to her in the supermarkets asking for advice about hair <_< don't happen to me no more though
shouldnt have got vexedshoulda jus gave the adviceu could have been saving another pickyhead mixrace child on the roads from them 'wake up in the morning dno what to do with ur damn hair(nothing) - hairstyles'

when i was ber young people would think i was mixed raced she used to get vex when old white women with mixraced gransons/grandaughters came up to her in the supermarkets asking for advice about hair <_< don't happen to me no more though
shouldnt have got vexedshoulda jus gave the adviceu could have been saving another pickyhead mixrace child on the roads from them 'wake up in the morning dno what to do with ur damn hair(nothing) - hairstyles'
dunno my mum must have been vex with it happening so many times back then. in the hospitals the jamacian midwifes/nurses used to gossiped about my mum supposedly getting pregnant to a white man. my family were scared that i was actually gonna be white. its nuts cuz im lightskin but not mixed race light skin now.

dunno my mum must have been vex with it happening so many times back then. in the hospitals the jamacian midwifes/nurses used to gossiped about my mum supposedly getting pregnant to a white man. my family were scared that i was actually gonna be white. its nuts cuz im lightskin but not mixed race light skin now.
do u know ur dad ye?genuine question
not until i just turned 16i'm 17 nowsnm

I get mistaken for being mixed-race because i have green/grey eyes, light skin complexion and curly mix race hair.do i get offended?a little bit. But it's one of those things though i just set them straight.I remember when i was in primary schooland we had a relay race in the play ground, blacks,mixed -race,white & asain. I went to the black team, and the boys said to me "You ain't black, your half cast!"I ain't gonna lie my eyes watered up. but this kid who's mother was friends with my parents was like, naaa he's parents are black. Then they were like ok lool

My school used to have football matches Blacks v whites and Asian V whites, this was before 9/11 and all the political correctness that came with itwas normal tbhmy school was in essex SNM
what the school actually organised a race war....bcos thts wot i assumed silent soldier meant
More ignorance more than anything coz them days them things were the normUsed to go to school in year 8 with a skin fade and got sent home and excluded until it grew back, bullshit like thatsh*t like that couldnt happen today though