DSLR's

Angelo

Right I know there's a few of you man on here who love taking photos/do it for uni.I just bought the Canon EOS450D after some rong deriberation.8189-CanonEOS450D3quart.jpgCan any of you guys recommend a good zoom lens? Some of the canon ones are hitting 4/500 squid and I can't be spending that much. I've heard Sigma are good but I don't really know the other 3rd party makes/drawbacks etc.Safety in advance.

I don't know if you know a lot about them but if you don't I would reccomend getting to know the camera inside out first.There is an art to taking pictures, an art that not a lot of people know about due to not learning about photography. Just buying a DSLR and then grabbing a fisheye or 50-25mm or whatever they are.

Angelo,sigma are decent 3rd party makers for lens attachments, nothing wrong with them. Unfortunately lenses aint cheap. but these still fair out alot cheaper than shelling out on Canon lenses.When looking/choosing zoom lenses. Ideally you want to look for one that can open up at aperture range f2.8 from min to max zoom range.Standard zoom lenses usually state aperture openings f3.5/4.5 range on ur typical 50mm - 200mm Just means on max zoom, you only have max f4.5 to let in light. therefore you will need a tripod or steady base to reduce handshake vibrations as you have compensate with a slow shutter speed + low ISO setting + to soak in more light into ur pic.I use a Nikon D200 with fixed 50mm f2.8 & another fixed 105mm f2.8 opening lens and addtional two zoom lenses 18-55mm f3.5/f4.5 and a 50mm - 200mm f2.8 (THIS IS AN EXPSENSIVE LENS).

expect to spend around £400-£500 for mid range equipment and basic accessories.But cheaper to buy the DSLR body seperate from proper suppliers on Ebay. and same method when buying ur lens and flash unitStarting out all you need is a 18-55mm lens, and a flash unit, the default pop up flash is too harsh and very limited.Jessops will have good starter kit packages though.

Cheers VTEC, exactly what I was looking for. I'm gonna give some a trial in the shop next week.I got mine for a bargain IMO. EOS 450D £380 brand new with the kit 18-55 lens (lol no jokes please vtec i'm upgrading it).I think the guy may have some more if you are interested Dub?

Cheers VTEC, exactly what I was looking for. I'm gonna give some a trial in the shop next week.I got mine for a bargain IMO. EOS 450D £380 brand new with the kit 18-55 lens (lol no jokes please vtec i'm upgrading it).I think the guy may have some more if you are interested Dub?
lol u gotta start somewhere!! I started out the same, expensive sh*t man. But i've made my money back mutliple times now, so money well invested tbh.

I have no idea lol, I'mma just do a bit more research this week. What shop is this at?Was looking to cop next month, you reckon that's a bargain or will I be more likely to get something better around Christmas time?
if ur gonna buy ur camera on the high st. Go to Jessops, they are good with advice too. (january sales)better still just go in the shop try out what u like, and then search the internet/ebay to get the same equipment cheaper (and brand new of course)

lol u gotta start somewhere!! I started out the same, expensive sh*t man. But i've made my money back mutliple times now, so money well invested tbh.
Are you a photographer by profession?

Are you a photographer by profession?
yeah part-time freelance, squeeze around my normal 9-5Fashion, event/shows portraits and studio work. Done a few weddings but avoid them. Too much stress

okay, I'm aborting the ideaas much as I like photography, the lack of the ability to keep my hands still will probably come as quite a handicap
nah cam should come with a shake protection feature ( they all have a name for it ) dat deals with that. 1 make call it image stabilizer. in answer 2 topic, i'd say 18-200, if u only wana get 1 lens, preferably tamron or canon's own.