COSTCO SELLING DOLLS,WATS HER NAME?

e.morgan

monkeydoll.jpgTaking the p * ss, she's even got a banana!!!
All I can say is Wow. What a messI heard about this on 94.5 the other day and I was flabbergasted! Read below....Do you believe this? They have officially lost my business. Pass this to asmany people you can. We will not go backwards, but continue to pressforward. In this day and age, racism and ugly stereotypes continue to rear its ugly head. The recent Gates case, the Boston police officer calling Gates a "banana eating jungle monkey", and others are strong examples.Racism and negative stereotypical portrayals of African Americans Comes in many forms.John Taylor and his wife, Donna who live in North Carolina , recently went into COSTCO in Greensboro and could not believe what they saw perched on theshelf for sale. As the photos show, the baby doll is being hugged by amonkey and the doll has a cap on its head that says " lil ' monkey" !They have lodgedcomplaints with the COSTCOCorporate HQS and while their efforts succeeded in getting the dollpulled from the Greensboro store, the doll is still on sale in WinstonSalem and likely in other locations. These dolls are in insult to us all andneed to be pulled from all COSTCO stores or wherever they are being sold.COSTCO also owes their Customers an apology. I hope you are as outraged as Iam and if so, call COSTCO HQs and demand that this product be removed from their shelveswithout delay. It is the "Cuddle Baby" product #404860 and the corporateheadquarters number is 800-7742678.Please feel free to spread the word to your networks to contact COSTCO anddemand they stop selling this doll.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't racistTypical black people overracting and wanting to play the race cardThere were also dolls exactly the same but whiteBut no, someone had to bring this to peoples attention just to complain.If you want to complain about anything complain that they chose to diversify and market a black baby aswell as just white.

Guest Esquilax
lol @ the white people replying in this thread seeing nothing wrong with it at all. Just typical!!!
Read my original postEdit: Also the most articulate opposition to this idiotic gripe was by a black user so /yourcomment

lol @ the white people replying in this thread seeing nothing wrong with it at all. Just typical!!!I'm dam sure they ain't NO white dolls called 'honkie' complete with extra's confirming the racial mindset of whoever has made it.
As I explained, there is a white, and black version of the dollWould you prefer they made the black version WITHOUT the monkey just for the sake of being politically correct?

seen this flying round on the hotmails not long ago, forwarded onto me. and just laughed at the fake fraudness of its objective.I think it's genuine racist spam email trying guise under the cover of OMG how dare we let racist sh*t carry on like so.When in fact, anyone forwarding it on thinking there fighting a worthy cause, of sharing there so called outrage n disgust and to start petitions and so on. Are actually doing the creator of this spam email a favour and still inflicting the racist par on deeperlevels. either that or some disgruntled ex employee, tryna bring down company rep. (which I doubt)

A monkey is an animal not a racial pejorative term, get over it.If white people were being called breadsticks, it wouldn't entirely change the meaning of the name would it?
you know what i was gonna type something to break it down.But there is no point.You either understand or you don't.and you don't. If I see you on COD tonite, SNM

Guest Esquilax
A monkey is an animal not a racial pejorative term, get over it.If white people were being called breadsticks, it wouldn't entirely change the meaning of the name would it?
you know what i was gonna type something to break it down.But there is no point.You either understand or you don't.and you don't. If I see you on COD tonite, SNM
Lmao, you will see me on CODRing off the monkey ting and seckle VTEC like virginia-tech-massacre-tuerie.jpg

Lmao, you will see me on CODRing off the monkey ting and seckle VTEC like virginia-tech-massacre-tuerie.jpg
ok private match 1 on 1 cage match.

Guest Esquilax
So what? You're only perpetuating the idea that blacks are monkeys by bringing this to light.
No i'm not. Your going on like black ppl coined those racial connotations in the first place for us to perpetuate further.
No I'm not, I'm saying that you associating a black child next to a monkey with racism where there is no ground to do so is perpetuating the idea that black people are comparable to monkeys, it's incredibly simple