Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Escapist

Plateauing

7 posts in this topic

Ive been going to the gym now for about 4-5 months and ive noticed that my muscles dont get as sore the day after as they used to.please dont say this is because ive reaced the optimum strength for my physique. I do feel a bit bigger than i used to but nothing major.how do you know when youve reached your potential?

pain in ur muscles does not mean u had a good work out the day before, this is a myth. u can have a good workout and feel no pain the next day. u can also have a bad work out and feel pain the next day and vice versa..i dont think u will plateau after 4-5 months.

What he saidYou certainly won't have hit your full potential after 4-5 monthsYou are likely just hitting a wall - early on when you start you see gains faster, then as you become more accostomed to working it it takes more to push your body furtherMany people experiance a 'slowing down' of results after a while, this does not mean you've done all you canIf you feel boredswitch up your schedule to introduce a bit of variety

just keep at it, u should be in it for the long haul

No way after 5 months, I would say around 6-8 month will see some rapid gains, thereafter gains are slowerMine are slow now 

switch your routine up, what's the most you're lifting? try and do five sets of five reps and aim to increase what ever it is you're lifting at max by, say, 10k over the next few months, once you've aceived that, go back to what you were doing before with your new max strength.

No way have you reached potential after 5 mnths