Eduardo signs new long-term contract

TF S4DK

gun__1258559380_eduardo_sign.jpg
Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that Eduardo has signed a new long-term contract with the Club. Eduardo (26), who joined the Gunners from Croatian side Dinamo Zagreb in July 2007, made an impressive start for Arsenal, scoring 12 goals from 22 First Team starts in his debut season with the Club. The Croatian striker was also prolific during his early career with Dinamo Zagreb, where he netted 73 times in 111 appearances. This fine goal scoring form has been replicated at International level, where he has now scored 18 goals from his 28 international appearances, including a brace in Croatia's 5-0 friendly win over Liechtenstein at the weekend. Since joining Arsenal, Eduardo (full name Eduardo Alves da Silva) has now made 48 appearances for the Gunners, scoring 18 goals and also showing huge courage and bravery to recover from a serious leg and ankle injury, which ruled him out of action for almost a year. Eduardo overcame this adversity with great attitude and commitment, eventually returning to action by scoring two goals in the 4-0 FA Cup win over Cardiff City in February, completing a long journey to recovery for the striker. Arsène Wenger said: "We're delighted that Eduardo has signed a new long-term contract with us. Eduardo is a special player with huge talent and natural goal scoring ability, and we're all so happy that he has committed his future to Arsenal Football Club."We have also seen in his come back from injury, Eduardo is a human being full of courage, bravery and commitment. His full recovery from this injury is a testament to Eduardo's character. We all look forward to enjoying Eduardo's performances in an Arsenal shirt for a long time to come." Eduardo said: "I am very pleased to have signed a new long contract with the Club. I'm very happy and I hope to stay at Arsenal for as long as I can. This period is good for me now. I feel strong in my body and I feel ready to play 90 minutes every three days if it's needed."I went to Croatia last week and everybody was telling me Arsenal play the best football in Europe at the moment. I agree with that. We feel we are strong now this season and we're all going to give everything to win trophies." Everyone at Arsenal Football Club is looking forward to Eduardo's continued contribution in the forthcoming years
.Starting to rate Ivan more and more, gets the job done.