Can Swiftie or some Root Admin tell me...

Captain Planet

What is the difference between the new flash media embeds and the old flash youtube embeds cos I can't see them anymore and I've had this issue with particular flash objects for a while with firefox but stuff like youtube works fine.It's not a re-install thing either before anybody suggests trust me.

Guest Swiftie

I can't comprehend what you're asking. So I'll go with instinct.You can't view videos posted using the new TAGS of [MEDIA] but you could view the [YOUTUBE] ones?You also mention firefox. Have you tested in IE?

Yh the issue is basically that, but I know that similar things happen on other sites like lets say I went to spankwire (to be hypothetical) I can't view videos there all that i get is a blank space but i can view WSHH vids just fine etc.& yh everything works fine in IE but firefox is better for browsing

Guest Swiftie
i seeerrcan this be solved, but i do have the flash for firefox specific add on and not just the ie onei think that firefox may be utilizing the wrong files though and using the ie flash or something
Not possible as IE's flash plugin is ActiveX. What you can do however is uninstall the Flash Plugin for Firefox through Add Remove Programs.Then download
http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe

and reinstall. But I would check your ADDON's aswell.What do you currently have installed?

Oh addonsthe stand out one for me is the Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant which i do not know what it isthe others are adblock, google toolbar. avg safesearch and a british english dictonarybut ill try what you've given me anyway safe 4 thatEDITIVE DISABLED ALL MY ADDONS AND THINGS SEEM FINE NOWSAFE SWIFT JUST GONNA WORK OUT WHICH ONE IS THE CULPRIT NOW

Guest Swiftie

The .NET wouldn't be the culprit I don't think. But a great way to test is to disable all addons and retest.Aaah I see you edited the above post. The culprit will be the adblock imo.