LOL whole cafe robbed

FemmexFatale

Owner arrives for work to find cabin has vanished from Keighley lay-by7:00am Friday 20th November 2009 Comments (3) Have your say » Exclusive By James Rush » Brazen thieves have stolen an entire roadside cafe from its site during the night. They are believed to have used a lorry and crane to lift the converted cabin from a Keighley lay-by. But the theft has left Michelle Palmer’s business – and livelihood – in ruins. She said she was horrified to discover early yesterday that her cafe had vanished from the lay-by off Halifax Road, Cross Roads. Miss Palmer, 25, of Dawson Road, Keighley, said the devastating blow had come only months after she had bought her first house. She said the cafe must have been lifted on to a wagon and appealed for anyone who might have seen it to contact the police. Miss Palmer had run her business, selling breakfasts and sandwiches, for four years from a mobile van before moving it to the stationary cafe a year ago. She said: “I have put everything into it. It was my only source of income, so I’m thinking what about my mortgage and everything? “I feel absolutely gutted – what am I going to do next? “I have built it up from nothing and now it’s been taken over-night. “It annoys me the fact that I put so much effort into it and some horrible person just takes whatever they want or need.” The distinctive green cabin is 20ft long and 8ft wide, has a blue roof and carries the name of the business, Tip Top Tasters. Miss Palmer said: “I have phoned most of my wagon drivers, my customers, and just told them because it could still be on the back of a wagon, because it’s not little. I’ve asked them to keep an eye out for it. “God knows what will happen now – I have had to cancel all my orders because there’s nowhere for it to go.” Miss Palmer’s father, Neil Palmer, 49, said: “Her livelihood has just all gone in one go. “She’s tried working hard and someone just takes it – now she has no money, job, or anything any more. “I could understand it if someone broke in and pinched the generator or something but not to take the whole thing.” A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said last night: “Police were called at about 7am by a woman reporting the theft of a portable building from a lay-by in Halifax Road, Keighley. “Officers attended the scene and the matter is now being looked into by Airedale and North Bradford Police’s Neighbourhood Investigation Unit.” Anyone who has any information about the incident should contact the unit on 0845 6060606.