Relationship with sumone from your own country...

neeko

It's a lot of hassle dating outside 2bh.It's even more hassle when you're mixed and you date someone who isn't.Most of the girls I've met though tend to clutch on to customs and "tradition" purely because their parents force them to though. So maybe I need to meet some older more mature ones.

Only met one disgustingly peng Congolese chick. Swear down, if she had a bit less of a typical South LDN Black girl mentality, I'd make genuine attempts to impregnate her & make the female side of my family proud.Was a couple of weeks ago actually, but A. Me thinks she has a man already & B. I looked like a runaway slave when I met her.She was already in my house with my Mum & her Mum. Was PISSED./I dunno, because there isn't ALOT of Congolese people in comparison to the Nigerian & Ghanaian community, it seems like the Congolese people are 'kinda' closer, and for some reason, these Congolese chicks think they know me or are entitled to me or something.Anyway, I seriously doubt my babymama/wife will be Congolese.

are such relationships better because maybe u can relate more?
I wouldn't say it's better but it has it's advantages. At least you won't have explain your culture/customs
yh its a plusbut dating outside ur race is always interestingbut as mk said i doubt my wife will be nigerian....actually i cant confirm cus the communitys large

Interesting.. Mumsy wants me to settle with a nigerian chick still (culture & traditional values) and what not.. Am always creasin when she says this. See the thing about been in a relationship with someone with the same background as you (well from a nigerian perspective) is more complicated than ever. Nigeria is divided into all sorts of tribes and majority don't even get along... Like the nigerian chick I used to see. The girl is peng , perfect and what not. But her parents were anti-my tribe. But my parents gave her the thumbs up. The thing I always stressed to my folks is all chicks born and bred in england regardless of culture or race are pretty much the same. The thing that differentiates them is Class as to culture. answer to the question..To an extent it does lay a very solid foundation for a relationship. but @ the same time it as its flaws. I don't know if I will end up with a Nigerian girl, Definitely not a born & bred one ( too much culture difference)But will probably end up with a black chick ( All my options seems to be geared around that at the mo)

Side question: Do you think it's wrong to want your wife to be of another race/culture, so your children having a more 'diverse' upbringing, culturally speaking?
tbh the kids wont have that much of a diverse upbringing as the couple will have some cultural clashes leading to compromise\no different to white girls saying they want 'light skin babies' (ive been told this)love for the partner should be priorityedit: c/s afro, tribes in nigeria come like countries

The thing I always stressed to my folks is all chicks born and bred in england regardless of culture or race are pretty much the same.
BANG. Give my nucca a full salute.This is why this question isn't as easy to answer as you'd first assume.I have a few issues with Ghanaian girls. (Edited cos it sounded f*cked when I read over)Mummy thinks its simple. Bless her.

I've never dated a Sierra Leonean guy, but that's cos I'm so shook we might be related. The amount of times at parties that I've been introduced to a 'cousin' has scared me off.
LOL ur crazy, but is true people told me they know quite a few people with the same surname also from sierra leone

Side question: Do you think it's wrong to want your wife to be of another race/culture, so your children having a more 'diverse' upbringing, culturally speaking?
no different to white girls saying they want 'light skin babies' (ive been told this)
lolalie

no different to white girls saying they want 'light skin babies' (ive been told this)
lolalie
wanting to enrich your children's cultural heritage and wanting a brown baby so u can dress it like ur favourite rapper aren't the same thing. however i do think that you shouldn't actively pursue any one person and just let things take its course, like someone else said you should want to be with someone coz you love them.

Guest Tulse Hill
c/sman just talking sh*t again like he's the gift to all women

I've never dated a Sierra Leonean guy, but that's cos I'm so shook we might be related. The amount of times at parties that I've been introduced to a 'cousin' has scared me off.
LOL ur crazy, but is true people told me they know quite a few people with the same surname also from sierra leone
bet ur surnames kamara

dated a few Angolan chicks. was nice, but its whatevs.went out with a Brazil chick, made my Dad proud (even though he wouldnt admit it). but i dont live in south so coming in contact with 'em is difficult.but it goes without saying it does help.but currently im on this brunette vibe.

lolalie
wanting to enrich your children's cultural heritage and wanting a brown baby so u can dress it like ur favourite rapper aren't the same thing. however i do think that you shouldn't actively pursue any one person and just let things take its course, like someone else said you should want to be with someone coz you love them.
its exactly the same thing hes jus worded it in a way that would fool a simple mind.
it's not the same thing, most of these girls who want a light skin baby don't care about anyone's culture.