Is it possible to 'develop' work ethic?

Michel Kane

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got any online articles or e-books on that, I'm interested still./@Thun, but how do you explain those, who have shitty jobs yet still carry a strong work ethic, because there loadsa that do.
not on this laptop I don't have any good links, this one is touches on it and mentions other motivation theories http://www.goal-sett...ion-theory.html , but the wiki page is a decent enough start http://en.wikipedia....nsic_motivation but also google Maslows hierarchy of needs
Mans been studying that Human Resources module init. most f*ckery module ever.

You can develop work ethic.. By working. A lot. lol.
real talk but it only lasts so long for me
c/sbut hope it lasts forever..I used to take 90 mins lunch + a few fresh air breaks throughout.. Noticed the chinese weren't doing this... They come in, 60 mins lunch..... thats it!!! Took some time to copy the routine, but now, I do the same.. I don't even go and jam in the toilet to waste time anymore
i sure there were better places

Of course you can develop. Once you set a goal, you have to want it real bad to develop the drive and motivation to enable you to work as hard as you feel necessary.
u gotta have a goalan not jus the big long term goal, u gta have smaller related or unrelated goalsif im working in a sh*t job, but i kno in 6-7 months time im gna go on holiday for a month, im working hard or if i kno im saving up to do a course, to get a better job, the goals have got to be therethats the only way u can keep movin

Might sound basic, but for me it took something I really wanted to do for me to step up my work ethic.At school -slack.Uni - slackWhen I got my job - bang on it.It took something that stirred my interests and I could see a decent future in for me to put in the effort.

Wikepedia says"Work ethic is a set of values based on hard work and diligence"GTFO about hard work....A dustbin man works hard, A prostitute works hard....what is ur pointDiligence?"Diligence is a zealous and careful nature in one's actions and work."That sounds like a p*ssy to meIll add more later

You got any online articles or e-books on that, I'm interested still./@Thun, but how do you explain those, who have shitty jobs yet still carry a strong work ethic, because there loadsa that do.
not on this laptop I don't have any good links, this one is touches on it and mentions other motivation theories http://www.goal-sett...ion-theory.html , but the wiki page is a decent enough start http://en.wikipedia....nsic_motivation but also google Maslows hierarchy of needs
Mans been studying that Human Resources module init. most f*ckery module ever.
hahah you know it man... was toooo simple though, went into my exam only needing 3% because the coursework was so easy

I look at the guy that sits next to me at work has a very good work ethic hes f*ck*ng sick at what he does but hes got little aspirations and no cunning...so thats why he will never move up, coz he doesnt know how to and he hasnt got the Cajones to do anything about it. And I know for a fact that my bosses aint gonna promote him WHY PROMOTE HIM IF HES THE BEST AT THAT JOB MAKES MORE SENCE TO KEEP HIM THERE.lol @ people thinking yeah im gonna work hard so that I can get a promotion/move places, and then when your boss starts giving u praise and u think yeah im in there with a smug look on your faceIts no different from a Man saying good boy to his dog when he fetches hes ball that he threw and then getting a doggy treat for his troubles and a pat on his head :lol: your time

you can develop your work ethic by understanding what it is motivates you.. I don't want to bore people with behavioural studies but there are intrinsic and extrinsic factors that motivate you. Intrinsic is stuff thats inside you, like how some people just enjoy working hard or doing things perfect or just enjoy their job.. while most people are motivated by the extrinsic factors which is like the pay, or promotion etc.. if you're motivated by extrinsic factors like most people I guess you just gotta realise that the harder you work, the more you will be rewarded in the end, as long as you work for a place that can actually reward you, whether by raises, recognition, promotion etc etc..
everything he said.