Alan Wake

Mr. Gayle

• 5 months later...

Only time I paid this attention was through E3 when it first got showed and hearing my brother talk about it. Been playing it most of the day, decided to shut the curtains and play it in the dark and damn it is really good!

Little brother got the collection's edition and that's a really nice edition they give out.

finished the game through like 5 sittings. Probs about 5-6 hours gameplay.

combat is intense, could've had a bit more variety but even at the end of the game you find yourself grinning after the last gunshot of the battle. The big bosses could've been more of a challenge and required you to do different things

non-puzzles could have actually been puzzles

Storyline i really enjoyed, one of the reasons to try the game. I can see the DLC being pretty good. Graphics and sound on point, controls are fluid. The music when the episode changes is really cool.

8/10

Note to designers

Random writing on the wall left by people loses it's effect when you see the same thing over and over again, it's as if whoever wrote it is actually just carrying a large stamp and inkpad. In Alan wake we see these message written in yellow all over the walls, yet the same message written exactly the same all over the map really does stifle the immersion. It's like a constant reminder that it's just a game developed by someone who hasn't considered the effects of stamping the same random wall writing throughout the game. Even if it was the same text at least have various ways of writing it so it looks like someone real had wrote them.

Same thing in skate/2/3, the graffiti on the half pipes/pools, it's the same thing in even the same pool. Why did that dude tag one spot and then tag the same pool with exactly the same tag? It looks sh*t.

It's not that hard not to do, Valve manage to keep it fresh in terms of wall writing and graffiti i.e L4D Portal Half life

Guest Esquilax

Free copy just arrived - will give it a go tonight

Edit -

*see its not multiplayer *

can't be f*cked now.

Lolwut?

Allow only playing mult-eye player games