Homosexual panic defense

Sozes

stevenjoselopez.jpgThe man arrested in connection with the murder of gay Puerto Rico teenage Jorge Steven Lopez Mercado will reportedly use the 'gay panic' defence.A police report said that Juan A Martinez Matos, 26, murdered the 19-year-old after finding out he was a man.Police say Lopez Mercado was picked up in a red light district by Matos while dressed in women's clothes.Newspaper El Nuevo Dia said that Matos confessed to taking Lopez Mercado to a house but "the suspect (allegedly) found out that Lopez was a man, after Lopez made sexual advances, and as a result of the rage, Matos did what he did".Lopez Mercado's body was found on Friday by a road in the city of Cayey. He had been burnt and dismembered.The gay panic defence is a controversial plea which is used by a suspect who claims they were violent because of a moment of temporary insanity.It often sparks outrage from the gay community around the world because it places the burden of blame on the victim.It has also been used in cases of violent against trans people.There is also no equivalent defence relating to heterosexual encounters.The defence is most frequently used in the United States, particularly in areas where homophobia is widespread.In the UK, where it is also referred to as the "Portsmouth defence" or "guardsman's defence", the Crown Prosecution Service states that:"The fact that the victim made a sexual advance on the defendant does not, of itself automatically provide the defendant with a defence of self-defence for the actions that take place."Often, the sexual advance made by the victim will not involve any physical act of touching, and the reaction of the defendant is borne out of anger rather than any real belief that they were acting to protect themselves from an assault."

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think its valid
Your prejudice clouds your judgement as it does in a great many matters I've noticed.

i think its valid
Your prejudice clouds your judgement as it does in a great many matters I've noticed.
like what else?
Fatties.

i think its valid
like what else?
Fatties.
well there's no law saying its illegal to fool someone into thinking you're another gender are you? suppose this guy kissed " her " , would that not make it ok for him 2 kill " her " upon seeing the truth?imagine how sick and vex u would b if this happened 2 u?

[Eazy-e]But back to the bitches I'm peepinand then untie the hoe, so I can start creepinTook her to the backroom, about to jackCold trailed the bitch, with a gun in the backI said: "Lay down, and unbutton your bra!"There was the biggest titties that a nigga ever sawI said: "Damn", then the air got thinnerOnly thought in my mind, was goin' up in herThe suspense was makin' me sickShe took her panties down and the bitch had a d*ck!I said: "Damn", dropped the gat from my hand(What I thought was a bitch, was nothing but a man)Put the gat to his legs, all the way up his skirtbecause this is one faggot that I had to hurt, so[/Eazy-e]

i think its valid
like what else?
Fatties.
woteva man im not prejudice against fatties/why should i care about deceitful battymen
Because its murder? :/ dont ruin your credibility.
its a f*ck*ng queer thowho really cares?