Rafa " It doesn't count because Torres didn't play "

Heero Yuy

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez believes that his team would have reached the knock-out phase of the Champions League had striker Fernando Torres not been plagued by injury."I have been talking with two or three senior players, they realise that to be in the final stages of the Champions League every season is not easy," said the Spaniard, according to Press Association."However, I do believe that with Torres fit, we would have got through into the last 16. It is the same with Steven Gerrard, he has been injured, but when you see him back on the pitch you know that with him also, we would not now be in this position."If I could change anything, it would be to have our big players fit. For a change it would be good to have a problem of who to select, before this has not been the case."It has been difficult with [Alberto] Aquilani. He has not been fit so he has no match fitness, therefore I cannot use him."Then if he doesn't play games, he cannot get the match fitness. That has been the difficult circle of events for him and for me to overcome."It was difficult again against Debrecen. Early on we could have scored two or three more goals, but towards the end we were under pressure and I could not risk bringing him on in such a situation, he would have needed time to settle."I have talked to him and explained. He has to keep working hard in every training session. His chance will come.Liverpool's next test is a trip across town to face Everton on Sunday. Benitez wants a speedy and positive response from his players to Tuesday's disappointment, and still thinks his team will finish in the top four this season.But Torres may not be fit enough to play on Sunday."I do not know whether Torres can play against Everton. He has been working and training all week, but when his injury was assessed we were told that he would need three weeks of treatment," the manager explained."At the moment he has had just over two weeks, so we will have to see how he is nearer to the match."We must concentrate on the next game, and that is the Premier League. Afterwards, if we progress in the Europa League – okay, we can still win a trophy."But we have to change our target. We have to think about the league and finishing in the top four. Only then can we also think about the Europa League and the FA Cup."
guy isn't helping himself at all