Which UK underground urban music scene....

Badman

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Define what makes a healthy scene first longevity? personal taste? money? chart success?
there is no structure to this discussion, everybody has got their own opinions and im just trying to spark a decent debate coz VIP2 has been dead out for timeu have raised some decent questions so answer ur own init

Dubstep is the best in my opinionAre people even interested UK Funky still? Apart from Donaeo I'm talking Grimes the resource for mainstream againI didnt know which room to put this in so this topic is perfect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr085z_JJys

How Rihanna would have sounded on Saxon (as recorded by Nicki Minaj)Sounded much better than I anticipated

GRIME
Grime peaked in 2004 And that was only because there was Channel Uwhich inadvertently killed the underground radio scene in a matter of monthsGrime is a parasite to UK urban music which rightly so is a complete joke right nowHence your favourite Grime stars jumping to making pop songs

What gets me isWhy does the uk need a new scene? There's plenty of good sounds that could come bak.I think uk/funky is still doin well, I'm seeing donao, maxwell d and bashy all doin pas in glasgow clubs. Only reasonable bandwagons come up here.
And prob doing PAs for very old tunes, UKF is poor and seems very stale, DJs STILL playing the same old tracks
Jungle > D&BDNB is a disgrace to its older. Didnt carry the baton in a right way. Cant believe its still alive.
Jungle was the one, still got a lot of tape packs. Hyper D = MC God
GRIME
Grime peaked in 2004 And that was only because there was Channel Uwhich inadvertently killed the underground radio scene in a matter of monthsGrime is a parasite to UK urban music which rightly so is a complete joke right nowHence your favourite Grime stars jumping to making pop songs
Not purely cos of Channel U, plenty of Raves and Events. Eskimo Dance, Sidewinder Events, People Choice Awards
Jungle > D&BDNB is a disgrace to its older. Didnt carry the baton in a right way. Cant believe its still alive.
HOW?OBVIOUSLY JUNGLE WAS THE 1 AND ALL THAT BUT THIS KIND OF MUSIC IS CONSTANTLY EVOLVING.HAVE YOU EVER ACTUALLY LISTNED TO DRUM & BASS IF SO WHAT?
Sounds like a pneumatic drill tbh

HOW?OBVIOUSLY JUNGLE WAS THE 1 AND ALL THAT BUT THIS KIND OF MUSIC IS CONSTANTLY EVOLVING.HAVE YOU EVER ACTUALLY LISTNED TO DRUM & BASS IF SO WHAT?
Sounds like a pneumatic drill tbh

DRUM AND BASS AND DUBSTEP ARE ALWAYS GOING TO HAVE A HEALTHY SCENE IMO, THE FANBASE IS LOYAL AND INVEST IN THE SCENE. GRIME SCENE ITSELF IS DEAD ALTHOUGH I THINK ALOT OF ARTISTS HAVE GOT BETTER.FUNKY POPS OFF IN A RAVE. ARTISTS IN THE SCENE ARE DEAAAAAAAAAAAD THO. THIS ROAD RAP TING HAS ITS NICHE MARKET ATM BUT THEY ARE FICKLE.IF THE 'URBAN' (BLACK BASED) GENRES CAN REALLY LEARN TO JUS BUILD ONE SCENE THEN ITS ALOT.WAS WATCHING MTV BASE THE OTHER DAY AND WAS JUS SEEING ALOT OF UK ACTS, COUPLE YEARS AGO U WOULD ONLY SEE THEM ON THAT 15 MINUTE SLOT OR THAT DEAD 2AM sh*t.THE FOOT IS IN THE DOOR COMMERCIALLY BUT THERE IS A NEED FOR PPL IN THESE SCENES TO BE THE BUSINESS/BRAINS BEHIND THE OPERATIONS. WHEN NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO BE INFRONT OF THE CAMERA AND ACTUALLY WANTS TO REGULATE THIS sh*t PROPERLY THEN REAL MOVES CAN TAKE PLACE.CHEERS.
what is with the caps?

Guest WAVESURFER
DRUM AND BASS AND DUBSTEP ARE ALWAYS GOING TO HAVE A HEALTHY SCENE IMO, THE FANBASE IS LOYAL AND INVEST IN THE SCENE.
AKA THE FANBASE IS WHITE.SOMEONE TRY & TELL ME OTHERWISE.